Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I was on the Inspiration in November 2005. I had a great time.

The food in the dinning room was really good. Not exactly 5 star, but really good none the less. My waitress and assistant waiter Luisa and Stephan (both from Romania) were really good.

The entertainment, IMHO, was very good. There were two bright spots that stick-out in my memory. They had this Russian dance couple Demtri and Svetlana who were amazing. He would pick her up and spin her around; and at times they seemed to defy gravity. The cruise director was this big burly man who sported a knee length leather jacket. As I have said before, he looked like he was from the cast of the Sopranos. Except when he opened his mouth and let out his Southern Drawl. He was born and raised in the Central Florida area. Anyway, he played an active roll in the entertainment and on one night they put on a production of the Blues Brothers. And as you guessed, he played John Belushi's character, with all the same choreography. It was very impressive to watch him perform like that (and keep in mind he was as big or bigger in size than Belushi). I have never seen another cruise director with that much talent.

We were only in Grand Cayman for a short time, so I couldn't get a impression of it (positive or negative). We did spend allot of time in Cozumel the next day, and I really enjoyed it.

I had the cheapest room on the ship. An inside Upper/Lower cabin. But it was still really big. The cabin steward seemed nice and took good care of my room.

All in all, I would say I had a great time on the Inspiration. I wouldn't mind going again. And maybe next year in August I will get that chance and finally see all these Cruise Chat members in person.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Has anyone recently been on the ship? Any tips or hints you can give me?
  • Bring a roll of quarters or two, if you plan on using the laundry mat. The laundry mat is on one end of the ship. If your cabin is not near that end, expect to do allot of walking to get to it.
  • Make sure to get a Deli sandwich in the Brassierre cafeteria. It is on the Lido deck and the Deli sandwich station is an island counter in the back of The Brassierre.
  • At dinner, if they still have Chilled Mango sweetened soup as an appetizer, make sure to get some.

Thats all I can think of now.[/list]
    Quote:
    What did you think of the boat? Is it clean and in good shape? I have sailed on the Sensation and the Miracle and the Miracle was by far a better ship than the Sensation.
    I thought the Inspiration was clean and in great shape. Some people don't like the interior décor of Carnival ships, but I thought the Inspiration looked very nice.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Has anyone recently been on the ship? Any tips or hints you can give me?
  • One more thing, bring a multi-strip electrical outlet if you have allot of electrical gadgets. My cabin on the Inspiration had just one 120volt outlet in the entire room.[/list]

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, dennis, fl, goran, information, inspiration, named, sailing, sensation, ship, tampa, tips, waiter, waitor