Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 AM

I agree with da Queen... I have had my share of obnoxious table mates but that is what makes each cruise unique. You are practically guaranteed to be seated with "that couple that drinks too much" if you cruise during the Caribbean spring break period and you will occasionally be seated next to the "snobby" Americans on a European cruise. It happens and, to be honest, they provide some of my most humorous memories on cruises. Heck, without drunks and complainers, cruising would not only be boring, it would cease to exist. There wouldn't be enough of us left over to fill up a tender let alone a mega ship. If dining alone is your preference, then, by all means, make the effort and enjoy yourself. My wife wanted to dine alone on our first cruise together and, by way of all the bars, we were late getting to the Matre d' and all the 2-occupant tables were already assigned. She had a blast meeting the new people and she won't have anything else but multi-occupant tables now.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:57 AM

I agree with all the posts above. It is great to have the freedom of choice. Gary, it is unfortunate that you were seated with such a painful person. I've had a few that were not my cup of tea but never one that bad. It might change my preference too.

My wife is so very shy she wanted a tbl for two on our first cruise as well. We didn't get one and now I'm glad. The people at the table of our first were delightful and she warmed to them quickly and forgot all about her inhibitions. Since then, she's still uncomfortable the first night or so, just sits quietly and lets me do the talking. But she does eventually join in and make friends. By the end of the cruise she's gabbing with the ladies and i can't get a word in. For someone shy, it wouldn't seem a large table would be the right choice but it is. I've asked her if she regrets the fact we didn't get that table for two on our first and she said "Nope, I can talk to you anytime. I have fun making new friends. It's just not as easy for me as it is for you".

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, dining, eat, line, lines, majesty, private, room, royal, seas, seating, seatting, table