Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM

I $3000.00 for two people in Category 12 penthouse suite...did i get a good deal or could i have done better.
I work for airlines so use my free flights from London to New york and also great deal in a manhattan hotel the night before. all sounds like fun but will ignore the art auctions and rip off bingo. DO they have a guest talent show and what night is it usually on.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Guess that would depend on if it is a 4-5 or 7 day cruise. and when it is.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 AM

7day cruise 15th september 2007
Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 PM

DOn't know if that's a good deal, but I can tell you that we are paying $3,200 for two people, 7-day cruise on the Victory in balcony cabin on deck 10. That fare includes airfare from Oregon to Miami round trip and one night's hotel stay in Miami, and transport from airport to hotel/hotel to ship/ship to airport. It was all booked through Carnival, so I don't know the breakdown between airfare, hotel, and cruise.

Wish I worked for the airlines so I could score free airfare to Italy for my trip in September!

Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

Gary: I am always of the opinion that if someone is happy with the price when they booked it...then it is a good deal.

A rule of thumb however that we use for a 6A (Riveria outside) is $100.00 per person per day for regular Caribbean cruises. If we can beat that price, which we always generally do, then we are happy.

But I did check with VTG and your price is right in line with theirs...so I would be happy!

As for the talent show, several years ago Carnival changed the format on their 7 night cruises. They now do a "Legends Show". It is a world of fun. You try out for a particular entertainer at karaoke. The male performers are Garth Brooks, James Brown, Elvis Presley, some latin guy and Frank Sinatra. There is one song that everyone performs and the selection is based on the crowd's approval. Carnival provides you with an MP3 to learn the lyrics and provides you with a great costume. You also get back up dancers and singers etc. It is a hoot!!

The only down side is that you can only perform the song in the key they have recorded. (no pitching it up or down) For those of us you are pitch dependent...a small obstacle.

Have a great cruise!!

Closed Thread

Tags
airfare, carnival, cost, cruise, fares, myfreeflights, penthouse, people, price, prices, reviews, suite, suites, victory