Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2006, 07:47 AM

I was in a recent thread and felt compelled to start a discussion on poeple who are saving deck chairs. Here's my two cents: DON"T DO IT!!! I can understand a dip in the pool, grabbing a bite to eat, potty break, and so on, but to those of you who leave half of your cabin on your chair, and are in your cabin taking a nap, I pitty you if I am on the same ship as you. I welcome all for and against agruements.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:58 AM

I'm with you on this one. Saving chairs is not right. It is not being considerate of others. Unfortunately, this has become a "me" society. You see this on the roads, in the stores, in restaurants, in airports, and on cruise ships. However, as rude as it may be, I'm not going to let it get in my way of having a great cruise. I think your suggestion of handing the merchandise to the attendant is valid, as well as moving the towels. That being said, I don't want to get into an argument on my vacation. Don't know what the solution is, people need to be aware of the fact that what they do can create problems for others. Best wishes!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:25 AM

I concur completely. In hopes of reaching a broad audience of cruisers on this forum, I hope to spread the word of right and wrong. What is proper and respectful. Thanks for responding 'penny'.

Billy
Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 PM

Billy,
What is your take on someone (an individual, part of a family/group) "holding" two, three or more chairs around him/her. Similar to what one often encounters at the movie theater.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
If someone "forgot" all their things in a chair I think it's only right to turn it all in to lost and found.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 07-25-2006, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChucksOK:
Billy,
What is your take on someone (an individual, part of a family/group) "holding" two, three or more chairs around him/her. Similar to what one often encounters at the movie theater.
The issue is sort of clear, The policy is not to save chairs. I am going to simply put myself in the chair and if they say it is saved I am going to get security to educate them instead of me getting into an arguement with them. Hopefully they will move their inconsiderate rude self from beside me at that point. In either case I am getting the chair and they are the ones getting talked to by security. My biggest beef is when no one is there at all just towels. I sorta respect when there is 2 or 3 and someone is actually there..but whole rows of chairs with towels I am no longer tolerating. They will be nice souviners paid for by IDIOTS.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:40 AM

I don't mean to come on so strong, but has touched a nerve with me also. I have even came out early to get a chair and had someone say they are "saved" and not even a towel in them. Just some jerk saying he/she are claimimg the chairs for the day. In that case I am going to educate them that there is no saving chairs and is un-occupied untill someone is in it.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:39 AM

And not to go on, I will blame Billy for egging me on..But maybe is a matter of one's upbringing and social education and the "me" society as Penny mentioned. I have watched an elderly couple climb the stairs to 2nd level lido looking for 2 chairs together walk up the deck toward the funnel and back. I had 2 chairs and the one next to the other empty, It got my attention so much I asked if they needed 2 chairs together. Obvious answer was yes, I moved my friends stuff to my chair as was playing in pool/slide anyway. What an interesting couple I met, I got a Christmas card from them the last 2 years. Some people have Class others don't and has nothing to do with your bank account. Another true story from my cruise adventures.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Banned

I know it was enforced in the theater. A group was saving some seats in the rows in front of us and a usher told them that they could not save the seats. They started to complain that the others were eating, bathroom, etc. Usher said too bad. They left in a huff and really hurt the usher by saying "Well we will just leave and forget about the show".
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 AM

I agree with all on this about not saving chairs. And would love the extra towels to be claimed because someone "forgot" to take them back to the cabin with them, but in all honestly, how do you judge when a person is trying to claim/save a chair and when they are really just in the pool/spa or using the bathroom? I'd hate to take someone's chair because I thought it was only "being saved" and have them walk up to me a couple of minutes later and confront me for taking their seat. Do you stand around and watch for a while? How long it considered long enough?

(Just curious as I don't spend that much time at the pool.. too many other things to be doing most of the time)
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chair, chairs, cruise, deck, makes, policy, save, saving, ship, ships, towel, triumph