Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM

http://www.break.com/index/cruise_sh...n_cyclone.html

Old 03-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Banned

WOW that is some incredible footage.

I don't know all my cruise line markings. Do you know which cruise line this was? They said it was in the Med. Sea.

Note to self: this footage is just a reminder of Who is really in control....
Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Wow! What a ride that must have been..
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

It is one of those cut rate cruise lines that are too cheap to install stabilizers on their ships.

I was more impressed with the people in the helicopter.

This is what happens when you take a cruise during hurricane season. The prices are cheaper for a reason.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
WOW that is some incredible footage.

I don't know all my cruise line markings. Do you know which cruise line this was? They said it was in the Med. Sea.

Note to self: this footage is just a reminder of Who is really in control....
It looks to be the Olympic Voyager, Greek owned that does 7 days cruises in the Med. It is only 24,000 tons carrys 800 passenger making it only 1/4 the size of the major lines modern ships. The text near the video say the fastest cruise ship but the web site for this line says fastest at the time it was built. Listed at 28 knots and most of the 110,000 ton ships can do that now also. (post later that same day: Top speed of 28 may be a stretch but the Norway could make turns for 35knots before it was modifed. But I could be wrong about say the Freedom making 28knots)

Do you ever wonder how the helicopter keeps the picture so steady. If there is a cyclone going on around it why isn't the plane buffeted about more? Still make me wonder if this is some kind of trick and not a real event. Opinions? Any body try to verify the event or know when it was supposed to happen?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Well it looks like a small ship anyway, like Holland cruise line, just look their life boat number no more than 10 so I donít think a mega-cruise can have the same problem, during a storm, maybe a hurricane and so far I know no cruise line will adventure sailing if a hurricane is at seas.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, carnival, caught, conquest, cruise, hurricane, october, review, ship, ships, storm, storms, trimph, video, videos