Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 07:19 PM

So, lets see, $5 per person per day-2000 people@$5 a day=$10,000 a day-on a 5 day cruise we are being charged $50,000 for fuel-does any of you old salts know if a ship uses that much fuel? Seems like a lot! That breaks down to about 16,500 gallons of fuel on a 5 day cruise. Are we paying a SURCHARGE or picking up the total fuel bill? Makes ya say Huhm!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tompands:
So, lets see, $5 per person per day-2000 people@$5 a day=$10,000 a day-on a 5 day cruise we are being charged $50,000 for fuel-does any of you old salts know if a ship uses that much fuel? Seems like a lot! That breaks down to about 16,500 gallons of fuel on a 5 day cruise. Are we paying a SURCHARGE or picking up the total fuel bill? Makes ya say Huhm!
You might want to check THIS THREAD. Dave has some figures that will answer some of your questions.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:46 PM

So does that mean since we are going to be on an 8 day cruise in March, we will be charge per person, $40 more on our bill, or the balance thereof?

Personally I don't think that is fair, but then the "rose" does not come without the Thorns."

brneyes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator

brneyes,

It is $5 per person/per day for the first two passengers in a cabin, not to exceed $70 per person total. So yes, you will see $80 added to your bill. I am not sure how they are assessing it - I assume that it will have to be paid before your docs are issued.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:58 PM

Yep bryneyes,

$40. per person. I just finished calling all my clients affected by the first batch today. Costa hasn't yet had their system updated to reflect the add'l cost and take the payment but they're working on it. Also many of the Carnival sailings have not yet recieved the formal notification but will. The first batch I got was all Princess and HAL. From what I hear, there are more notifications to come.

On a good note, I only had a couple of clients that were really verbally upset and none of them cancelled. Most were very understanding, more understanding than I'd have been to recieve that call.

Enjoy your rose... I mean your cruise!

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
So far it seems as if only the Carnival Companies are affected. I wonder how long before other cruise lines come up with the same assessments??

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Here is a direct link to the info.

Personally I think they should have excluded deposited bookings, at the very least fully paid bookings. Oh well, guess they had to do it some way.

Dwayne
Old 11-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I agree. I don't mind it so much on the cruise I have on deposit; but I really resent it being added to the one that is already paid in full.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 PM

Hi Rick, And welcome back. I am of the same notion. It is a closed deal is how I see it once it is paid in full. Most folks know I am a CCL loyalist, yet I have to call them as I see them. And I think this could have been handled in a better fashion customer wise.

Dwayne
Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Unforurnately, they were in the drivers seat on this one. They knew most serious cruisers knew this was coming. The newcomers wouldn't know any better. And while there was, and will be some widspread grumbling, there won't be many cancellations--as Neil as testified to.

And really, in the grand scheme of things, another $50 or so is not huge. They'd get it one way or another--this is just more direct, and in a way, easier to understand.

Closed Thread

Tags
adding, carnival, carribean, charge, cruise, fuel, fupplement, intermediate, lines, notification, royal, supplement, supplements, texas, west