Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Looks like I'm "saving" money already. The notice from HAL indicates that the surcharge applies to the first and second pax in a stateroom. So, our maximum just fell from $210 to $140.

Yes, I'm a "glass-half-full" type of person.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 PM

Good for you LisaP...The world needs more people like you!!!

Brad

Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok
I can understand why they are raising their prices gas is not cheap these days…
This only opens more questions for me:
1. Will they drop the charges after the gas prices goes down in the future??
2. What will happen if by the time I am about to take my cruise, the gas goes down will they refund me??
For the two questions ^^^^
I know the answer
NO!!!!
That is their business, they don’t lose money even absorbing the gas prices!!! They just get less now but they are still making profits…
3. They are not breaking my contract because I already pay in full and then they change it to charge me??
I know prices on gasoline have hit all people hard even carnival but If I have to deal with that fact so they have to and I can’t raise my salary because of Gas prices but I had to pay all my debts, electricity etc.
Ok
I can understand they charge you more but why they don’t charge the people making new bookings? And they have to charge us, the ones that already pay in advance??
I am a big fan of carnival but, in this decision, they are wrong on their way of doing business…
Old 11-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Casenova I agree with you. I am not happy with the way this is being handled at all. i think new bookings should be where the price goes up. If I sell you are car over the internet for $500.00 and you come to pick it up and I say the car is now $1000.00 it is the same thing.It is just not right...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM

LisaP,

Seabourn just sent me a notice regarding our April Trans-Atlantic crossing - it seems we'll be charged an additional $5/day/pax. Darn, guess we'll just have to drink an extra gin and tonic every day to make up for it!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
Casanova I agree with you. I am not happy with the way this is being handled at all. i think new bookings should be where the price goes up. If I sell you are car over the internet for $500.00 and you come to pick it up and I say the car is now $1000.00 it is the same thing.It is just not right...
Exactly my point they will find any excuses just to charge you more $$$ I know for sure they will not drop their prices after the gasoline price goes down...
for me what they are doing is unfair
Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 PM

NCL just joined in with a fuel supplement charge. Theirs will be starting December 1st. 2007 and will be $7 for first and second guests per day, and $3 for additional guests per day.

Dwayne
Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 AM

i just looked at some cruises , and seen where it has the surcharge for fuel,

when i cruised last year i was locked in at a certian price , if fuel went up , it didnt change the price of the crusie at all.

there not doing this for cruisers that all ready booked in advance , if so thats not right , to tell them o your trip just went up. i would be mad and want my money back. but thats just me.

im sure there not losen that much money anyhow.

its like 1 person said earlier , that they wanted us to pay for all the fuel on the cruise. so the extra would, line there own pockets.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Add RCCL to the list.... they announced it too!!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Administrator

All I can say is that their story is they ate the fuel price increases for many months until the oil prices jumped over $25 per barrel recently.

Closed Thread

Tags
adding, carnival, carribean, charge, cruise, fuel, fupplement, intermediate, lines, notification, royal, supplement, supplements, texas, west