Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 PM

This is a HEADS UP to everyone regarding the Carnival Vacation Club. Check into it and you will find that it is misleading and frankly, we believe it to be a scam. Even though the "nice" salesmen/women are wearing clearly marked Carnival Uniforms, they are in fact, not remotely connected to Carnival Cruise Lines. So now that we feel we are ripped off royally, we have already filed complaint with the Vacation Club and Carnival, and our next step is filing a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas. DO NOT JOIN THIS CARNIVAL VACATION CLUB. After searching on Google, I find hundreds of other complaints about the "Club." We should have read this first - but we thought anything Carnival sold would be reputable and they would stand behind. NOT SO.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:47 PM

There already is a lengthly topic started on this subject under the Carnival Cruise Line Forum.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 PM

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/...1/m/5941066461
Old 03-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by redtop10:
This is a HEADS UP to everyone regarding the Carnival Vacation Club. Check into it and you will find that it is misleading and frankly, we believe it to be a scam. Even though the "nice" salesmen/women are wearing clearly marked Carnival Uniforms, they are in fact, not remotely connected to Carnival Cruise Lines. So now that we feel we are ripped off royally, we have already filed complaint with the Vacation Club and Carnival, and our next step is filing a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas. DO NOT JOIN THIS CARNIVAL VACATION CLUB. After searching on Google, I find hundreds of other complaints about the "Club." We should have read this first - but we thought anything Carnival sold would be reputable and they would stand behind. NOT SO.
Sorry you did not find this site before you purchased.

I do believe the word "scam" is to strong.
Ok, Terri...don't faint!

CVC is owned and operated by ICE. Like many things on Carnival ships, that are owned by other companies...like the gift shop and the Spa, ICE pays for the name and rents the space.

When they first came out in 2004, there were numerous agents who were misleading. But I believe that ICE has taken notice and actually backed off some. (just from what I have heard from other folks)

Now for the good news....yes, you will pay a little more for each cruise you take...BUT it is still cheaper than purchasing a suite to get the VIP Check In and Debarkation. And you get the perks on every Carnival ship for 5 years regardless if you pay cash, use points or use another TA and pay cash.

If someone purchases a program from them, they should do it for the VIP Check In and Debarkation only. They should not do it to save money on cruises or for the "discounted" resorts...because you will not sail cheaper and the "resorts specials" can be gotten by anyone off the street...you don't need to join CVC to get them....so they have no additional value.

Sadly, filing complaints with the Attorney General will do no good. One thing that ICE has down pat are those contracts. They have been peddling Time Shares for years and they know what they are doing.

To get the most for your money, book 4A GTY and hope for an upgrade and hopefully at the end of 5 years, you will be Platinum on Carnival and you will get the perks for free.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Wow, I watch a great deal of shows about scams and you just can't trust anyone. How did you run into this "club?"

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 03-21-2007, 04:40 AM
I did not see them on the last two cruses I did.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 03-21-2007, 10:54 AM
While on the Pride earlier this month they had the vacation club and they are just like any other time share presentaton. I did complain to Carvnival because its bad enough you get bombarded at the ports by these time share presentations the ship should be a safe haven from these sales people. Carnival trying to make a buck is all it is and I think it cheapens Carnival myself. They make it sound so good, but you don't get anything close to the price you pay and your locked in to their deals...I like to be a free agent. I go Carnival because I like it, not because I have to. I would have to agree with the majority...stay clear of the sales pitch..not worth it
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the information. Now I know what to expect when I get approached with it and how to respond!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by teachabcdee:
Thanks for the information. Now I know what to expect when I get approached with it and how to respond!
I don't know that you actually will get approached.

As I mentioned in the other (larger) thread re: CVC, a PVP from Carnival told me that the CVC "ended" as of last Sunday. Neither she, nor the person I spoke with at CVC knew exactly what that entailed. Both assured me that all benefits will remain for any CVC members (and yes, there are benefits -- it is just up to each person to decide if those benefits are worth the cost to them) for the duration of their membership. But it did sound as though CVC might no longer be selling their program on Carnival ships. You might not be approached at all (and, indeed, CVC offices were not on ALL Carnival ships anyway).

Perhaps Carnival is just shopping for a different group to contract with for this type of program....in which case there would still be sales pitches, just from a different group. Or, perhaps Carnival is doing away with such sales offices on it's ships altogether.

It's fairly simple to think of something to say to someone offering you something you don't want: just say "No!"
Old 03-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Terri R.:
quote:
Originally posted by teachabcdee:
I don't know that you actually will get approached.

As I mentioned in the other (larger) thread re: CVC, a PVP from Carnival told me that the CVC "ended" as of last Sunday. Neither she, nor the person I spoke with at CVC knew exactly what that entailed. Both assured me that all benefits will remain for any CVC members (and yes, there are benefits -- it is just up to each person to decide if those benefits are worth the cost to them) for the duration of their membership. But it did sound as though CVC might no longer be selling their program on Carnival ships. You might not be approached at all (and, indeed, CVC offices were not on ALL Carnival ships anyway).

Perhaps Carnival is just shopping for a different group to contract with for this type of program....in which case there would still be sales pitches, just from a different group. Or, perhaps Carnival is doing away with such sales offices on it's ships altogether.

It's fairly simple to think of something to say to someone offering you something you don't want: just say "No!"

I had not heard this Terri. I will check with another friend who is "up" on all the CVC doings. They have been a member for years. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

I would not worry about your agent going poof. ICE is a huge organization of time share operators. CVC was just one part of it.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, club, complaints, cruise, free, imagination, join, line, offering, pay, refund, reviews, scam, starting, vacation