Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:53 PM

I do not see anyone talking about the Dream lately. Have any of you booked it? I would love to go on it but my family did not like the salt water pools. I guess the water works will have salt water too. Might just have to go for the freedom of the seas on rccl. the Oasis is so very big, haven't decided if I want to go on a city ship.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:38 PM

I know that billybuzzy booked it within minutes of the reservations opening up. I plan to book it for next fall.

Dwayne
Old 09-27-2008, 05:48 AM

It has some new features that sounded appealing . Might just have to try it out.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
livetotravel-As Dwayne has said-We have booked the Dream for her inaugural US cruise from NYC to the Bahamas in Nov.2009. We booked within minutes of the opening bell and were able to get the cabin we wanted with no trouble at all! She is a beauty and is going to a place we wish to travel at a timewe wish to travel and at a price we feel is reasonable.

We are watching Oasis prices and awaiting comments from those who will have cruised the Oasis! We are not in a rush to cruise on her as she conveys a cruising image too resort like-we feel we would miss too much of what we enjoy in cruising! Her prices seem a bit out of line with other ships/cruiselines at the present time and she goes to ports we have done many times before!

The Dream is a size we feel we can deal with comfortably and from what we have observed- will offer the type of cruising ambiance we love!

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-14-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm planning on going with a group of people that all met on Legend in 2006. Kind of a reunion cruise for Thanksgiving 2010.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 PM

LHP, I just noticed on another thread that you added the Dream 12-03-09 to your signature. That cruise is on my short list for next year. I was just concerned about the temperature for water activities. I wanted to hop over to Virgin Gorda from Tortola to take a bath so to speak.

I have to get something booked soon, not having a ticker is effecting my equilibrium.

Dwayne
Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
LHP, I just noticed on another thread that you added the Dream 12-03-09 to your signature. That cruise is on my short list for next year. I was just concerned about the temperature for water activities. I wanted to hop over to Virgin Gorda from Tortola to take a bath so to speak.

I have to get something booked soon, not having a ticker is effecting my equilibrium.

Dwayne
Yes, we just booked a Spa (Interior) cabin on the Dream.

I am truly not a "Spa person". I don't like massages etc...but I LOVED the Spa on the Splendor. The thalasso pool reminded me of the Hot Springs, Ak baths we did years ago.

LOVED the Turkish sauna as well...and the relaxation rooms.

It is currently $35 a day if you don't have a Spa cabin.

This is also suppose to be a Blogger's Cruise.
So...there should be a good group of folks who LOVE cruising onboard!!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:15 PM

Hopefully I will get it figured out soon. It is a tradition to go on the new class of ships though, and I've been looking forward to this one. I might have to rent a wetsuit.

I didn't know about the $35, is that for the Thalasso pool too?

Dwayne
Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Hopefully I will get it figured out soon. It is a tradition to go on the new class of ships though, and I've been looking forward to this one. I might have to rent a wetsuit.

I didn't know about the $35, is that for the Thalasso pool too?

Dwayne

The $35 is for the thalasso pool, relaxation rooms, Turkish sauna and a milder sauna.

They put a paperish wristband on your arm with the color for the day.

These areas come free with the Spa cabin where you have a white plastic wristband that you can take on and off.

We booked a Spa cabin mainly because there is no smoking allowed in the Spa Cabins or on the balconies....but I love the thalasso pool also!!

The Dream will still have the free sauna and steam room like the rest of the ships. But I believe it is on Panarama...not the Spa deck.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Thanks, LHP. I found some more info, if it is current.

"For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer Day Passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool ($20) or the Thermal Suite ($20). A One Day Pass to use both is also offered ($35). Voyage Passes are available - cost depends on the length of the cruise."

I think they should give us non-spa cabin booking - platinum guests a one day pass as a perk. Oh well, wishful thinking.

I just read, (thanks to your link in another thread) that John will be hosting several events for the December 3rd. sailing. Another check in my pros column for this cruise.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
board, booking, carnival, cash, cruise, dream, included, pass, pool, reviews, sauna, ship, short, spa, thalasso, voyage, wwwjohnny