Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 10:20 AM

It is thanksgiving weekend and I booked on line with Cruise Deals.com for Carnival Liberty sailing Feb. 11. They are not on the phone until Monday.
I have the invoice with the final payment but no info about when or where or how to pay it. Do I pay carnival or cruise deals. Can't find any info on eithers web page. I'm concerned about penatlies or loosing the booking.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:38 AM

I am making an addition... one reason I was "weirding out" it that I have been trying for hours to reach carnival by phone to find out when and where to pay. The only phone number they have on their web site is 1-888-CARNIVAL. Everytime I dialed that I got an international operator. I just now figured out that "carnival" has eight letters and phone numbers only have 7 digits. Has no one seen this as a problem or it a filter to see if you are clever enough to figure the phone number. Only then are you worthy to sail on their cruise line?
Old 11-24-2006, 10:40 AM

don't worry because of the holiday monday should be fine, just call them then
Old 11-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Woody:
It is thanksgiving weekend and I booked on line with Cruise Deals.com for Carnival Liberty sailing Feb. 11. They are not on the phone until Monday.
I have the invoice with the final payment but no info about when or where or how to pay it. Do I pay carnival or cruise deals. Can't find any info on eithers web page. I'm concerned about penatlies or loosing the booking.
You do not pay Carnival directly. You pay the agency which made your booking - in this case CruiseDeals.com. You have until Tuesday November 28th at 11pm to pay your balance, if my understanding of your situation is correct. Don't panic. Just call CruiseDeals on Monday. Believe me, they aren't going to let your booking slip through the cracks without being paid off. They'll probably be calling you.

I can't let it go by......first time cruisers should let this serve as an example of why it is so important to use a real agent instead of a website to make your first cruise booking. A real cruise agent would be taking care of all of this and you wouldn't be sitting around nervously wondering about it.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:30 PM

I agree and would have loved to book through a live person, but currently we are in the Czech Republic as missionaries and the web has been my only source of information (and experienced helpful people like yourself).
If I could I'd be in a travel agency drinking coffee.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Woody,

Many travel agents have websites and will take bookings via their sites, or even by e-mail - like my agent for example. In fact I've never met her - I am in Alabama and she is in Texas, but she runs a small one person operation. I've used her for over 10 years. It doesn't have to be a megasite.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:39 PM

Though not applicable in this situation, but just in case anyone stateside ever needs it. The best number to call reservations is:

1-800-327-9501

Will get you straight in to Miami or Colorado 24/7, 365 days a year.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruisedealscom, invoice, nervous, pay, timer