Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 05:06 AM

I will be traveling the Elation on Dec. 12, and have put in many hours of research regarding shore excursions. I can't seem to find anything interesting in Progresso and could use any help or advice. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:06 AM

I will be traveling the Elation on Dec. 12, and have put in many hours of research regarding shore excursions. I can't seem to find anything interesting in Progresso and could use any help or advice. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:13 PM

Progreso is a relatively new cruise port, still in development. Your best bet there, in my opinion, would probably be an excursion to some of the Mayan ruins (Chichen Itza, for example).
Old 06-26-2004, 07:22 AM

My family and I will be there this time next year...what about beaches...any decent ones to check out? Thanks!

~gina~
Old 06-26-2004, 09:13 AM

Research shows that this isn't the greatest town. I have looked at many web site and they say the beaches aren't great. I'm going to save the beach portion of my trip for Cozumel where we will be going to Chakanaab (and I know I didn't spell that right. I still have not decided what my husband and I will be doing in Progresso. I'm guessing we'll probably go to Dzbiltulum (again, spelling), and cave tubing in Belize. Any comments about those 3 again are welcome.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:17 AM

I wouldn't discount the beaches in Progresso. I have included some pictures of the beaches right in town in the Progresso Port Review. I really liked the town and the beaches and unlesss you are really into ruins, would spend the day between Merida and Progresso.

Check out the Progresso Port Review at

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Progresso.htm

Have a great cruise!

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, carnival, cruise, elation, excursion, excursions, fun, hints, land, progreso, progresso, reviews, shore, tips