Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM

I want to start a new post about one of the all time great staff members of Carnival: DJ EDDY. I know he contributes to cruise-chat.
He is a wonderful person and he is one of the reasons why I continue to go back to Carnival cruise after cruise.

He is the Disc Jockey on the Conquest, but will be moving on to other ships soon. I hope he reads this and tells us all a little more about himself.

This is my story. I have sailed many times over the years on Carnival (it is now 6). On several occasions it had been with my husband Martin, other times with friends. This past Sept. 10 -17 I was on the Conquest with my daughter, Diana.

On September 11 (yes, September 11th), I should have been on this cruise celebrating my 22nd wedding anniversary with Martin. But it was not to be. Martin had died 2 years before in an airplane crash.

I found myself just outside Henri's Disco. I was feeling sad for myself, and here comes DJ EDDY. He is so full of life, and goodness. He begins telling me about his life on the ship and family in England. We laughed and talked.

Before I knew it, I was surrounded by group of the most loving and supportive crew members of Carnival! In my hand I was clutching a picture of Martin and me from one of our "formal nights" from our 10/01 cruise out of New Orleans on the Inspiration. DJ EDDY, the crew and I ended the evening toasting Martin who was with us that night in spirit, if not in body.

So what could have been one of the worst nights of my life; the rememberance of the 9-11 5th anniversary, and the night of remembering my own loss, turned into a night of laughter and love triggered by the attention of one great guy: DJ EDDY

So whenever you are on a Carnival curise, look for DJ EDDY and tell him Wendy O says "Hi". He'll know who you mean (I think)

I hope Carnival checks this site from time to time and realize what a credit their staff can be. Of course I filled out the comment cards.

As a side note. I know we get tired of all the photograhers. But I am so glad that I have ONE good picture of Martin and I together in our formal clothes. It took a lot of shots to get a good one, as we are not the most photogenic. But I am so happy to have those pictures. You never know when it might be your last cruise, or your last time together.

We thought we would have many years together, but Martin was only 44 when he died August 4, 2004.

*I'm looking for a new cruise buddy now* lol

And AS DJ EDDY says "its all about the music"
and I say "ROCK ON"
Old 10-12-2006, 03:38 AM

WendyO,

I'm so sorry for your loss! It is good however that you continue to travel and enjoy life, as your husband would have surely wanted you to.

I think it is amazing how God puts special people in our paths at just the time we need a friend. Obviously DJ EDDY and the other crew members were great confort to you. I have read some of his posts on here, and he seems like a kind person.

If you want to contact him, you may be able to do so through Carnival. They surely could tell you what ship he is currently working on.

Good Luck! Hope you cross paths with your new cruise buddy soon!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 AM

Thank you,

DJ EDDY has already given me his agenda for the next year! I just want other cruisers to look him up and have a good time with this outstanding young man!

He is fun to be with. He really gets the dance floor going!!!

He's the person to look for if you are traveling with those hard to please teens!!

Life's good when you are surrounded by positive people. That's why I like to cruise.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:21 AM

WendyO, I too am sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful attitude you have towards life. I know Martin was there, and I know he is proud of you. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us. May God bless and keep you safe, happy, and healthy!! Keep on cruising and Rock On
Old 10-12-2006, 01:51 PM

I didn't want to make this about me!!

I wanted it to be about DJ EDDY! I wanted people to find this great guy on your Carnival Cruises and get on with the MUSIC!

He will make you laugh and smile NO MATTER WHAT! that was my point. So if you have a sullen teenager, or "tweenager" with you on your cruise...seek out DJ EDDY and your problem will be solved. IF grandma is having a bad day with you on the cruise, take her to the disco and "rock out" with DJ EDDY.

He has the most infectiouse laughter!!!!

So when alcohol isn't appropriate (LOL) to solve your problem, try music and DJ EDDY!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:04 PM

Wendy, I am reading this now and am in tears, I have one week left on the conquest and then I go home. I have had such a good time on the conquest and yes Wendy I do remember you and the mad Wednesday night we had, it was a lotof fun. I hope you are able to go on future cruises and I will be working on the Pride end of Novewmber until Feb (just covering work) then on the Liberty at the end of April. I would love to see you on a future cruise Wendy, have a good holiday season and keep smiling.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:22 AM

awww wendy he is a great guy, we miss him so much when he goes to work on the cruiseships,

such a laff to be with, wouldnt harm anyone, and alwasy makes you smile

hes well loved at home
Old 10-16-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MINXY:
awww wendy he is a great guy, we miss him so much when he goes to work on the cruiseships,

such a laff to be with, wouldnt harm anyone, and alwasy makes you smile

hes well loved at home
Minxy, you get everywhere lol
Old 10-16-2006, 10:06 AM

to MINXY
checked out your web-link, coooool.

Be nice to my friend DJ EDDY.
I'm one crazy lady now. I do strange things now that I know that life is so short. Once,on a whim, I flew from Texas to Cleveland, Ohio; scored front row, center tickets to Sting's Broken Music tour in '05 and spent few minutes with Dominic Miller. Don't believe me. I still have the ticket stubs!

Life all about the music like DJ EDDY says. I can't wait until my next cruise. See you there DJ EDDY.
Your friend Wendy
Old 10-17-2006, 02:22 AM

hahah i do indeed eddy get everywhere

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, dj, eddy, reviews