Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 05:03 PM

There is a cuopon booklet that RCI give to C&A members. I don't recall if Carnival had something similar. However, there is a coupon booklet that you buy for $20.00 and in it are coupons to use at all the different ports. This may be what you are talking about. Inside this booklet is a cuopon for a free Del Sol bag that is worth $15.00 at the store. There are many other cuopons for discounts etc. I would say is well worth the $20.00.
They sale these booklets during the ships "port talk"
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Thank you Nica; that sounds like the books I'm thinking of. I had the wrong cruise line.

As I recall some Crown & Anchor members saw no problem with reselling their books over e-bay. Others saw this as a breach of faith between the cruise line and the C&A member.

Thank you.

Rick
Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Dave and Rick, I have never seen any such coupon book for carnival either. I have seen those amount off cruise coupons in the past cruiser magazine Currents they send.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Ok...my bad...much ado about nothing. I guess I won't worry about it! Just thought I would look into it! Sounds like I can pay for the clubs

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-18-2007, 06:05 PM

Carnival has some coupon books very similar to the books that RCI gives to their Crown & Anchor members. The coupons are your typical type of coupons. Things like get 10% of a spa treatment, buy a 8x10 photo get a wallet size free, buy 2 bingo cards get 1 free, buy a wine package and get 1 bottle free, etc. etc. I find that these booklets are a nice gesture, but seldom does one person buy and use all the coupons in a book. I certainly wouldn't spend money on ebay to buy them.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM

Jan, I did not know they had them. I can see why Michele would want one if they have the BOGO golf club rentals. How do you get them?

Thanks,
Dwayne
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 AM

im not sure if this is the same kind of coupon book , but, I applyed on ship for a carnival credit card and recieved a coupon book and 5 lanyards for my family , the books were great , 2 for 1 martinies , dicount pictures , and many more useable things, we didnt haveto buy them . I dont think I would have
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 AM

When I originally asked the question I only knew that my co-worker had seen someone using the coupons for discounted items. Then when I started looking at all the different cruise boards I remember seeing somewhere about a BOGO offer in a discount book for the clubs. When DH said he was interested I thought "hum...wonder if I can use someone elses coupon for the rental". So begun my quest....can't remember where I saw the original thread so I thought I would ask. Just curious - My co-worker leaves next weekend on the Conquest...I will have her look into it on board to see what other info she can find out. For a young family...any help in savings is worth it to me. I mean I still use coupons for groceries!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 PM

There are two types of booklets being talked about on this thread, C&A members booklet and a booklet that they sell at the port chats.
The C&A booklet is given to you free on the first night of your cruise(if you are a C&A member). All you have to do is complete a cruise with RCI and voila you can apply for C&A membership and get the free booklet. This one contains the two for one drinks, so much free money for slots, wine tasting free,really, things you do on the ship with RCI.
The second booklet you can purchase at the shopping talk and all cruises should offer it. The value is $20.00 and has coupons for a free bag at del sol ($15.00value), discounts at different stores, free drinks with the purchase of one, swueepstakes, etc. This booklet includes stores at all different ports: Acapulco, Aruba, Antigua, Barbados,Belize, Cabo,Cozumel, Nassau, Ocho Rios, etc. The booklet is called Discover Shopping (Passport). If you have a shopper in your family, that person will probably love this booklet. I remember my wife dragging me around Nassau putting an entry in a bunch of sweepstakes at different stores. Some people actually won some nice prices and at some these places they offerred free champagne. So, I just sat back enjoy watching everyone have a good time sipping on a glass. Almost forgot, at the port talks they also give some prices for attending. I won a Rum cake and my wife won a pair of Del Sol sunglasses. They make these talks before every port, just look at your compass. They are usually intertaining and sometimes there is not anything else going on. I think they do in purpose .
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Thank you...at least I know they exist!!!! Decided against the golfing...just can't fit it in!

Closed Thread

Tags
100, book, booklet, books, carnival, coupon, coupons, cruise, cruising, discount, forum, ncl, photos, pride, rci