Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 PM

You all are such seasoned travelers! Thanks for all the helpful tips. Going on my 3rd cruise Dec 8th on the Carnival Spirit. Traveling with my 16 year old daughter and late 50s parents. We are sharing a balcony cabin (cozy!) and had a few questions:
1. any suggestions on multigenerational activities, other than the shows, bingo, etc?
2. I'd like my parents to have some alone time-I was thinking of sending them to the supper club or ...?
3. does anyone know about the Festival of Guadalupe-it's happening when we will be docked in Acapulco and Carnival does not know of any special events.
4. will the ship be decorated for Christmas (carnival staff did not know either)
Thanks for all your help--fun, fun, fun to read all your posts
Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Welcome to cruise chat. I'm sure once you get on the ship and see all the activities everything will come into place on what you should do as a family. The great thing about cruising is everyone can do their own thing and you can select one location to meet at a certain time to catch up on each other. Usually meeting before dinner at a designated lounge works well. As for dinner in the supper club for your parents that sounds wonderful. they should enjoy that. You can do a google search for the Festival of Guadalupe Acapulco. It brings up many sites. Yes, the ships are decorated for Christmas. I've been on ships at Thanksgiving and they were already decorated.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 AM

I don't know how active your parents are, but if they like the water, snorkeling is always a great family activity. As Cruise Fanatic stated, there are so many things to do on board that you won't have time to do all of them. The supper club is a great idea, they may also enjoy the spa. They're always running specials when you are in port because so many people leave the ship. The ship will be quite festive with the holiday decorations. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, december, reviews