Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned

PLEASE tell me this is another one of those cruel hoaxes like the Triumph coming to Mobile!

Cruise Veteran Joins Royal Caribbean International as Senior Vice President, Sales
MIAMI, Jan. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Royal Caribbean International today named cruise industry veteran Vicki Freed as the company's senior vice president, Sales.

Freed joins the company after 29 years with Carnival Cruise Lines, where she spent the last 15 years as senior vice president of Sales and Marketing. Prior to that, Freed served in a variety of sales management positions within the cruise line. From 1998 to 2000, Freed also served as the first, and only, female chairman of the Cruise Line International Association, the marketing and travel agent training arm of the North American cruise industry.

"Vicki has an outstanding and proven background within our industry and we are very pleased to have her join our team," said Adam Goldstein, president and chief executive officer of Royal Caribbean International. "Vicki's passionate support of travel agents has been well chronicled and recognized. She will be a great asset to our brand as we continue to grow."

In her new role, Freed will take charge of the company's 345-person sales force, the largest sales team in the cruise industry. She will also manage the company's Trade Support and Services division, which includes Reservations, Group Sales, Customer Service, and Loyalty Programs. Freed will report to Goldstein.

Freed earned a bachelor's degree in business from the University of Colorado, and holds a Certified Travel Counselor designation. She also serves as a trustee of the United Way of Miami-Dade County.

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 21 ships currently in service and three under construction. The line also offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, South America and New Zealand through its cruise tour division. For additional information or to make reservations, call your travel agent, visit www.royalcaribbean.com or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN. For travel professionals, go to www.cruisingpower.com or call (800) 327-2056.

SOURCE Royal Caribbean International
CONTACT: Lynn Martenstein, +1-305-539-6573, or Michael Sheehan
+1-305-539-6572, both of Royal Caribbean International
Web site: http://www.royalcaribbean.com
http://www.cruisingpower.com
(RCL)
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM

What's wrong with Vicki joining the RCI team? Must have been in her best interest to do so.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-18-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
In her new role, Freed will take charge of the company's 345-person sales force, the largest sales team in the cruise industry.
However this statement they need to research further before publishing. I know of one cruise industry source that now tops 400 agents.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
What's wrong with Vicki joining the RCI team? Must have been in her best interest to do so.

Cheers, Neil

Absolutely nothing wrong with her joining their team. I just hate it because she was a wonderful lady who Carnival is stupid to let get away (IMHO)

As I told her when Cahill was announced as the new President...it should have been her.

Bean Counters (Cahill) are great people ( I should know I am one) but their services are best utilitized when "guiding" a President/CEO who has a heart for the company.

She was great at Carnival and hopefully will be truly appreciated at RCCL...since Carnival blew their chance!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:

Cheers, Neil
Btw. NO ONE said anything was WRONG with her doing this???
Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM

LHP, give RCCL a try sometime. I know you love CCL, it's obvious from your past and future sailing list. I like them fine too. You never know you may like RCCL as much as Vicki and find a new home on the sea.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

Just a note to apologize for not spelling her name correctly in the Title. It is Vicki...there is no E and I know that.

I am just so upset at her leaving....I see Carnival as losing two great assets in the span of less than a year and I hate that!!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
LHP, give RCCL a try sometime. I know you love CCL, it's obvious from your past and future sailing list. I like them fine too. You never know you may like RCCL as much as Vicki and find a new home on the sea.

Cheers, Neil
We certainly plan to do that. As I tell folks, I intend to sail them all before my final "debarkation".

RCCL has a lot to tempt us. We love the idea of the Adult Serenity area, no smoking in the cabins and the Royal Promenade. RCCL would probably be cheaper for us than CCL because RCCL still gives us the Interline Discount and Carnival does not.

Currently our 16 year old son (who has autism) is comfortable on Carnival and that is why we will stay there until he is an adult and unable to attend the Camp Carnival (Club O2 activities).

I see RCCL leading the way in many areas and now they have just another feather in their cap!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:29 PM

Yeah, Carnival threw you a curve ball on the interline rates. They used to honor not just the airline employees but carriers like UPS, DHL and others. That changed about a year ago if memory serves me. The interline and military rates on both lines are the best rates on most sailings available out there anywhere.

Also great to hear of parents that put the needs of their son first in their planning. I commend you and Dave both on that. In a society now this dominated by self interests it's good to have folks like yourselves as an example.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 AM

Yes, It is sadly true.

LHP, I feel the same way about this. I am really surprised by this move. A sad day for Carnival.

Here is another source.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, freed, loyalty, program, rccl, rcl, royal, vicki, vickie