Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 07:31 PM

I'm curious...how come so many of the postings on Cruise Reviews are SO negative, and everything on Cruise Chat is glowing? I'm going on the Conquest in August and was getting depressed reading all of the complaints on the reviews page. What a relief to read these more positive reports!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM

Tat,

Just as everything that happens in life, you can focus on the positive or you can focus on the negative side of the event. Remember you will be on vacation and I hope you will enjoy your time on the Conquest. I know I truely enjoyed my time on Conquest and won't think twice about going again

I website I found very useful, which provides tons of reviews is Cruise Critic. http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/index.cfm

Good luck,

Steve
Old 06-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Tat,

Are you referring to the ship reviews on CruiseReviews.com? If so, that is our website too. Cruise-Chat is part of Cruise Reviews. This is our forum area.

I just read our last few reviews of the Conquest, and with the exception of the man who had a personal issue with a guard, the reports are quite positive.

We do not edit our reviews. They are posted just as written by our members. Sometimes people can get hung up on one issue and let it taint their entire cruise, and then their review.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:09 AM

Thank you both! I'm feeling much better about my cruise now. It will be our first, and it's a miracle my husband agreed to even TRY a cruise for our 30th anniversary! He's pretty reluctant about it, worried about feeling confined, etc. and I know I won't have a great time if he doesn't also. This site is a real help, and I'll try the Cruise Critic, also.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 AM

Hi Tat..
I really hope your husband will give it a fair try. There is so much to do on board, as well as in port. My husband would rather stay home and watch tv, but after the first cruise, he understood why I loved it so much. He doesn't even gripe about wearing a tie on formal nights anymore. Happy anniversary and have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:58 AM

Well, that is VERY encouraging!! My husband is also happy to stay home and watch TV. Any suggestions on how you were able to get yours involved on the cruise?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Tat,

One of the great things about a cruise is that a person can do as much or as little as they want. Some hit the decks running and spend their whole cruise going from one activity to another. Others prefer to lay around and watch the sea go by. Either method of cruising is fine! I tend to be in the lazy group.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:27 PM

Hi Tat,
Beer, lots of beer. Just kidding. However, the rum punches and beer didn't hurt. I'd bring him coffee in the morning, while we watched the sunrise from the balcony. He loves sailing, so I booked every port to do a catamaran sail/snorkel. I got him hooked on snorkeling. After our first cruise together, he came home and bought snorkeling gear. I had been on 10 cruises before we married, so I was already hooked. I think the food, the sailing/snorkeling, and the relaxing attitude of the Caribbean convinced him that it was a great vacation. Plus, all he has to pay for is half of the on board charges, I foot the rest. Believe me it's worth every cent!! Best wishes and good luck!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tat:
I'm curious...how come so many of the postings on Cruise Reviews are SO negative, and everything on Cruise Chat is glowing? I'm going on the Conquest in August and was getting depressed reading all of the complaints on the reviews page. What a relief to read these more positive reports!
Are you referring to http://www.cruisereviews.com/,or the site cruise-reviews.com (with a hyphen)? The one with the hyphen is not affiliated with cruisereviews.com or cruise-chat.com. http://www.cruisereviews.com/ -- no hyphen, is a magazine, and articles are submitted by cruisers and contributing editors. CruiseReviews.com and cruise-chat.com are related, but the other site has nothing to do with us.

Confusing... but I hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:12 AM

This is the best..Un-biased Reviews to my knowledge coupled with the Chats for Roll Calls that you can post with Fellow Cruisers on your Cruise. I personally wasted my time asking on the other board with no responses..within a few days prior I met so many wonderful people here and we met on the cruise before sailing!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruisecriticcom