Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 03:56 PM

Looking to book a cruise either to Bahamas or Western Caribbean. My wife and I like to just get off the ship and walk around, shop, etc. The option is have are: Keywest, Freeport & Nassau or Montego Bay, Grand Cayman & Cozumel. Which do y'all recommend? Just went on 4 day to Cozumel, liked the shopping, people not to pushy.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

That is a tough one! The Western would probably lend itself to more walking around ports. Then again, Key West is the ultimate walking around port. Can't help with Montego Bay, that's one I've yet to visit.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 AM

Hi LouisianaLee, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I am so glad to hear you're planning another cruise after your 4 day Cozumel cruise Sounds like we have another addict on board Like Dwayne said, Key West is the ultimate walking around port. I'm going back to Freeport in a few months after a long, long lapse in visits, so I can let you know the condition when I return. I have heard reports that it has gone to the dogs, but I want to see for myself. Nassau has the straw market near the pier and you can hop in a cab and go to Atlantis, there is a free beach adjacent to Atlantis, Cabbage Beach, that is quite nice. Montego Bay, you will want to either get a day pass to an all-inclusive or take a ship's tour. Jamaica is beautiful, but poor, and not a place to walk around on your own. Grand Cayman is a nice, clean island. You can walk around the shops right near where the tender docks. There's a dive shop that will let you go into the water for some great snorkeling. And you can catch a cab and go to 7 mile beach, which is absolutely gorgeous. Cozumel you know about, but we rented a scooter the last time we were there and had a ball. We stopped at all the different beaches, then went around the south end and started back up when the rains came. We will finish our route the next time we go back. Both itineraries are great. To get real Caribbean beaches, Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman will give you a great taste. Now, if you want to go to St. Thomas and take the ferry over to Trunk Bay, you'll see one of the top 10 beaches in the world!

Have fun selecting your cruise and let us know what y'all decide!

Closed Thread