Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 07:34 AM

I know we all read the cruise policy and they say that you are not to bring wine on board with getting charged the recorking fee. I am leaving next month on a cruise and thought I might be able to pack one of those boxed wines in my suitcase !? Has anyone done this and been successful?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:38 PM

Welcome to cruise chat, Megan. If that kind of package suits your fancy, then you might succeed. You have no doubt heard of "corkage fee" but they don't re-cork anything.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
If Dave gets his clarinet re-corked, would that be a corkage fee?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Guess it depends on who is doing the corking but I am now hankering for a licorice stick.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:01 AM

Hi MEGAN, Welcome Aboard Cruise-Chat!

The current policy states one bottle per person. The corkage fee is for consumption in the dining room or supper club. They often don't even charge it. And yes they will re-cork the bottle and keep it for the next dinner.

Now if you are asking about using the wine exception to the alcohol policy to bring in a big box of wine with a tap on it. I don't think the corkage fee would apply anyway. That may be getting into beyond my knowledge. And even into the smuggling area perhaps. Hope someone that has tried this gives an answer. I love learning new things, is why I am here, and to help when I can.

Again, Welcome Aboard!

IslandCruz
Old 06-16-2007, 04:45 AM

We sailed on the Valor in early May and had no problems whatsoever bringing wine (and other assorted beverages) on board.

One box of wine was in a suitcase along with a number of small soda bottles filled with vodka and Jack. We also brought aboard two bottles of fine wine - these were carried on in a custom wine carrier. The inspector at the security checkpoint asked what was in the carrier and I told her it was wine..she unzipped it, looked, smiled and said have a nice cruise.

Hope that helps...Oh, and one other thing..we were never charged the customary $10.00 corkage charge in the dining room. Maybe it because we bought their wine five nights of the seven day cruise..

Closed Thread

Tags
board, box, bring, bringing, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruse, forum, onboard, rccl, recork, royal, successful, wine, worth