Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 08:20 AM

Im trying to learn anything that I would possibly need to know before we go.Ive read Carnival's "whats included in your cruise fare" but there are still a few things that Im curious about.
When it says decadent desserts aren't included, what exactly does that mean? Like if you are in the dining room and order dessert, is that extra?

When making of list of things of things to take that wouldn't normally be on a travel list here is what I have so far:

Nightlight
Power Strip/Extension Cord
Dramamine/bonine just in case

What do you seasoned cruisers bring that will be helpful?

I think thats all my questions.....for now
Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Carnival doesn't charge for food in the main dining rooms. The desserts they refer to are those sold at the ship's coffee bar (bistro) where you can get ice cream sundaes, specialty pastries, slices of cake, lattes, etc. They even do milk shakes.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:21 AM

In all my cruises I have never had a need for a night light or power strip. However; if you take a power strip be sure it is good repair.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:30 AM

I agree with Cruise fanatic, I have never needed a power strip or night light. There is no need to buy desserts, the ones that come in the dining room are excellent. I suggest the chocolate melting cake as will many others. Have fun!

B
Old 07-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Administrator

What is also surprisingly good in the dining room are the sugar-free cakes. I ordered them three times on our 7-night cruise the other week.

Carnival recently had a big flap over power strips being confiscated. It took off and really got out of control with the hyperbole. Carnival clarified things and will allow power strips and other personal electrical devices, but they need to be reasonable in size as well as in good condition.

I realize standard cabins have two or three outlets, and at least one is 220 volt. Rather than use a power strip I recommend a plug converter. Virtually all power adapters these days will run on either 110 or 220, so all you need is an adapter for the power adapter plug and use the 220 volt outlet.

I was spoiled in our Grand Suite on the Elation. I counted 7 110 volt outlets, and probably more if I looked behind the TV. I never needed more than two. We do use a night light because of mobility issues and not needing to stumble.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 AM

I know I'll get flack over this, but be sure to try the chocolate melting cake in the MDR, it's yummy

Bring extra batteries for your camera, and an extra memory card. Bring sunscreen and sunglasses, and most importantly a smile

Pack all your meds in your carry-on. I pack my make up and some underwear, plus one change of clothes, just in case. Your bathing suit is also a good thing to pack in your carry-on. You might like to enjoy some time at the pool when you first board. I pack the rest of the stuff just in case my suitcase doesn't make it up to the room before I'm ready for dinner. It doesn't happen often, though.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Yes, Penny...the queen of chocolate melting cake.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:20 PM

Penny,

Why would you get flack over the chocolate melting cake? It's the best dessert I have ever eaten.

B
Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Do a search for messages by Penny with keywords "melting cake" and you'll see.

To me it's okay but my favorite is crème brulée.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:22 PM

hey

I work for carnival, your gonna have a great time!! let us know how it went!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
adapter, adaptors, carnival, carribean, confiscated, cruise, electric, milk, plug, power, royal, strip, strips