Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM

Dave, I could not agree more about the mystery. I would also like to know who my tips go to when I leave them on the account. I miss the old days when you tipped the steward and the waiter and busboy. With cash at the end of the cruise.

Dwayne
Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Dave, I could not agree more about the mystery. I would also like to know who my tips go to when I leave them on the account. I miss the old days when you tipped the steward and the waiter and busboy. With cash at the end of the cruise.

Dwayne
There really is no mystery. How the $10/day is divided is posted at the Carnival web site

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Gratuities_Tips.aspx

The only thing I hear from my daughter is if you ask to give extra through your sign and sail card, it can get distributed incorrectly especially if you changed your table or seating, so she suggests EXTRA tips to be in cash at the end of the cruise. Being a dancer she does not get tips but she has many friends in the restraunt end (not so much in the Hotel end of things)
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Partial QUOTE:
p/s if you get coke with youre food its best to take a few cans you brought from home to dinner
i aked for a second coke twice i was to the point of choking to death, and still a got no coke.water with felitmimon is not a class act!
when i findly aksed the woman where my coke was she didnt even say she was sorry , but was emmbarresed she didnt even come back to the table. hope youre dinning exp. is better ,, i wrote it on the comment card the table i sat at, and what she did, and didnt do![/quote]

It might also help to ask the drink waiter vs the food waiters. The drink waiter will come around the first night and if no one buys a drink they may not return on night 2. These are the folks that get the Cokes as well as the Vodka Martinis and Beers. When you ask a food waiter they have to find the other person to get the coke.
We don't drink much so on the night we want something, we will ask the Matre D or our Head waiter to send over the Drink Waiter as soon as we arrive. Works for us
Old 11-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

I love auto tipping. It is charged to your Sail and Sign card when you board and you don't have to worry about it again.

Now if you are talking "extra" tips, which I also do...I do those at the end of the cruise for service above and beyond.

(except room service...which I tip when I receive the food)
Old 12-02-2007, 09:23 PM

Well, I'm not sure if what I did was right. But, here I go. I dropped the auto tip as soon as I got on the boat. I tipped when I thought it was deserved. (Which was always! Service riocked!) I tipped all of our food service staff everynight. I left tip for our room stewart everyday. I tipped well. I am sure I spent more then the 10 a day, but I wanted to make sure the people that worked so hard to make my vacation great got what they deserved.

I think tipping is an individual thing. So, do what you think is best.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
auotmatic, auto, carnival, charge, crew, cruise, day, extra, gratuity, includes, normal, proper, room, service, tip, tipping