Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 08:25 PM

My fiancee and I are going on a cruise for our honeymoon. He has a really weak stomach and gets car sick/motion sick pretty easy. He will go to the Dr. to get the patch and/or medicine to take and I do know the boat is big and he probably won't feel it and everything, but we are getting a cabin with a balcony. Would it be worse for him to be looking out of the side or the very back of the ship? Thanks.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:25 PM

My fiancee and I are going on a cruise for our honeymoon. He has a really weak stomach and gets car sick/motion sick pretty easy. He will go to the Dr. to get the patch and/or medicine to take and I do know the boat is big and he probably won't feel it and everything, but we are getting a cabin with a balcony. Would it be worse for him to be looking out of the side or the very back of the ship? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:27 AM

I have always gotten motion sickness easy but have never been sick on a cruise ship, however I have found that if you find yourself staring at something that may indicate motion you may have a better chance of getting motion sickness. An example might be watching the curtains move to the sway of the ship or watching the waves as they go by.

I find I never feel motion sickness if I just go about doing whatever I was doing and not focusing on any particular object. If he starts to feel a little uncomfortable just turn and look at or do something else.

Tell your fiance his eyes are to stay on you LOL.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM

Good advice, to keep involved in what's going on around you (and for your fiance - then husband - to keep his eyes on you!) I also advise keeping your eyes on the horizon - if you watch the waves along the ship's hull, you will sense more motion, but if you look off in the distance, that helps - at least it helps me.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mommatee:

I have a great tip for you...from very personal experience...I was so sick for several days on the carnival triumph...the dramamine made me sleepy and spacey. My personal M.D gave me the scopoloamine patches (RX)...not only did I not feel any motion ,sickness, etc. I was never sleepy..and I didnt even feel the post cruise sway..i suffered terribly the first time. We had very rough seas this trip too! I sware by them!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:53 PM

Hi,

I too suffer from motion sickness. There is a great over the counter drug called Bonine that you can buy at any drugstore or Walwart. The nurse at our local hospital recommended it, and it doesn't cause drowsiness like some of the others. I take one in the morning and one before I go to bed at night and have never been sick on a cruise. Works like a charm. And they are cheap too.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:10 PM

Make sure you are on a deck above water. I recently went on a cruise and stayed on the deck just above the restaraunts. I am the queen of sea sickness!! I never had a problem!! I noticed that I got a bit sea-sick disembarking at the ports; but it was because we went through the lower decks at times to do such. I did note....(I had an inner room)....when I saw the people across the hallway's room (waterview)........I knew I would get sick!!

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid, cabin, carnival, cruise, cruises, deck, feel, motion, rooms, sea, seasickness, ship, sick, sickness, triumph