Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

My mom and I returned to Galveston yesterday. The cruise was wonderful and the food was sensational. The make up of the cruise was almost all families instead of people in their twenties. I was very impressed with the Ecstasy. I tried to keep my standards low since it was an older ship. The only bad thing is that the cabins are not sound proof and there are no refridgerators. We were constantly asking our cabin steward to get us more ice so we could keep our water and wine cool. The service was great. We only encountered one bad apple. One of the waiters at breakfast insulted my mother in front of a table of strangers and said she was weird becuase she was ordering her Eggs Benedict in a special way. My mom told the Maitre'D what happened and later that afternoon the waiter personally apologized to my mother. The next night the Maitre'D found us and asked how my mother was feeling. She was very pleased with how the situation was handled. The tendering in Cozumel was an issue but we found an employee who was willing to help us and she snuck us on a boat so we could get to our tour in time (we booked it through a seperate company). Other people were not so lucky though. The weather was great and I miss the food. My mother agreed with me that the food on Carnival was better than the food on our Norwegian Meditteranean cruise. I have read that many people were unhappy with the Ecstacy boat and the situation where people were taken to Progresso instead of Cozumel. If we had been taken to Progresso, our tour would have been refunded so I was not too worried. We swam with the dolphins at the Discovery Dolphin company in the National Park. The website that I went to was http://www.cometocozumel.com/. Thanks for all the great information and feedback.

Tara
Old 11-28-2006, 03:17 PM

Welcome back Tara, glad to hear your cruise overall was a good experience. Sorry your mom had a rude waiter, but I am glad the Maitre d' took the initiative to show y'all that he cared. I hope you enjoyed your dolphin swim as much as I did. To me, it was one of the most awesome things I have done in my life. Guess I've lead a sheltered life, but I thought it was fantastic to be able to interact with a creature as magnificent as a dolphin. Hope you're bitten with the cruise bug and look forward to seeing your posts for your next cruise

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, thanksgiving