Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 03:41 AM

This is the first cruise for my husband and I(Fantasy 5 day Bahamas). I am concerned about sea sickness, our room is R2 and I have heard you feel more motion in this area. Is this true? It is the bottom deck in the very front.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:26 AM

Many people are more concerned about sea sickness than they need be. I personally have never gotten seasick even on the roughest cruise across the Drake Passage to Antarctica. The Fantasy is a 70,000 gross ton ship. It has stabilizers. IMO unless the seas are rough it is not that much different in the front. You will probably hear noise when the anchors are let down in port.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:34 PM

I too had a little anxiety about sea sickness and took just about every treatment known on board with me and didn't take any. We had rough seas on our last day and only had mild issues but not enough to take anything for it. I think this is something a lot of people worry about but only because they think they should and the reality is you don't really feel it like you are afraid you will
Old 08-27-2006, 08:14 PM

cgwads, everyone's response is correct. But it's believed that the location for the least amount is rocking is mid-ship and mid-height. But the true fact is that you probably wont even be in your room until you are very sleepy, so at other times you will be all about the ship so location( room wise) really dosen't matter. Have a safe and fun cruise!!

Deege24
Old 09-01-2006, 12:11 AM

My "true facts" are if you are feeling sick your thoughts are to lay down. If you get easily sick, get a cabin mid-ship and lower deck. At least you can rest there while the dramamine kicks in. You don't want to be going to a worse motion area of the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, r2, stateroom