Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2005, 05:17 AM

i will go by destiny and hope that some one of you can tell about ship, eating, show, cabin, port trips and sleeping in san juan what is the best hotel too stay before and after the cruise.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:21 AM

A hotel taht comes to mind in San Juan was once a place where the Catholic nuns lived in complete silence back in the 1500's. To this day you cannot hear them. Even the ghosts make no noise. But it has been turned into a very attractive hotel, within walking distance of the port.

David Landry
Old 05-08-2005, 06:16 AM

The hotel David is talking about is the El Convento Hotel. It is a very cool place to stay and is only a few blocks from the cruise terminal across the street from the Cathedral.

Another favotite hotel is the San Juan Sheraton located very near the cruise terminal.

Here is a ton of information regarding visiting Old San Juan....Have a great stay.

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/SanJuanPR.htm

Tom
Old 05-08-2005, 06:24 AM

arie plugge,
Give us some of the details of your cruise on the Destiny. What is your cabin category (or stateroom number)? When are you going and what ports will you be visiting? If we have the details we might be able to give you more information.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 AM

cabins we goning with 3 couples 1 7214 cat 11
2 in cabin 8b 7230 and 7234
the ports virgin islands barbados dominica and aruba but in aruba we will meat friends they live there. and ofcorse san juan

and can you nayby tell where i can find carnival capers.

march 12 2006

is it possible when we are on the destiny too ugrade cabins.

and is it possible too get diner table together near a window.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:27 AM

I hope you have had a chance to check out the information Tom suggested at our sister site portreviews.com. There you will also find detailed information and suggestions about each of the other ports you will be visiting.

Your cabins are very well situated mid-ship. I have stayed in a category 8B on the Destiny and 4 of us were quite comfortable. I am sure the suite (category 11) will be great!

As for upgrades once you are onboard: if the ship is not full, you may be able to upgrade (as long as you are willing to pay the price to do so). But, in your case, it is highly unlikely - First, you already have a category 11 suite, which means the only upgrade possible would be to a category 12 suite (and there only 8 of those on the whole ship). Secondly, the other cabins are category 8B, which means upgrading to a category 11 suite would be your option. Suites are usually the first to go on a ship, (and they often have a long waitlist) so I wouldn't count on one being available.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-09-2005, 11:13 PM

thank you but can you tell me more about the suite. and we are with 6 people can we get then a great table for dinner ore dussent mather what kind of room you have booked.
and read some where else that ther will be an other line up for cat.11 is that so.
is it then possble too get all of us in that line up.
and how late can we go too the destiny
Old 05-10-2005, 05:39 AM

If all of you would like to sit at the same table for dinner that can easily be arranged. Your travel agent should have cross-referenced your booking numbers indicating you would like to dine together. If you did not go through a travel agent - you will need to contact the cruise lines yourself and ask them to cross-reference you for dining (you will need everyone's confirmation number). As for requesting a specific table or section of the dining room - it can be requested but there are no guarantees - you may have to wait until you get on the ship and if you are unhappy with the location - speak to the maitre 'd.

As for a seaparate line up for cat. 11 - not sure what you mean??? Are you referring to the check in line at embarkation?

I do not have any first hand knowledge of the suites, but what specific questions do you have regarding the suite?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-10-2005, 10:04 AM

is there a special lineup for suite 11 and 12 by incheckking
Old 05-10-2005, 11:47 AM

With regard to san juan hotel accomadations...I would defintely recommend the Caribe Hilton...the grounds are fantastic!!! The hotel also has several restaurants on premises to eat at i.e. morton's steakhouse, swim up pool bars etc. go to hilton.com and check it out for yourself...I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Closed Thread

Tags
7234, 8b, allowed, cabins, carnival, category, david, destiny, landry, review, reviews, room, steakhouse, whats