Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandy p:
I am new at this site and find it quite interesting. I wish I knew about this before we started cruising 7 years ago.
Sandy p
Past Cruises:
Carnival-Freedom, Fascination, Triumph, Glory 2 times, the 3rd time this Sept, 2007, Victory
Royal Caribbean-Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas
Holland America-MS Zaandam, MS Zuiderdam
Costa-Atlantica 2 times, Magica
Princess Sun
I cut out most of your post just for the sake of space. Unfortunate set of circumstances. I took recently had a go around with Travel Guard and all of their loopholes. As a result, I will never use Travel Guard (parent is AIG) again!

For the person who made the comment about compassion and moral/ethic thing to do on the part of the cruiseline, forget it. Ain't gonna happen. Maybe once when these cruiselines were growing and trying to attract a following but now. No way Jose. For a lot of reasons I agree with their hardline approach to passenger claims but also, from the human side of things, I think the cruise companies' customer service tactics could use a dose of the "warm and fuzzy".

Just my opinion.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:23 AM
These post on AIG makes me a little nervous now. Hope when needed I don't find myself in that pickle. If the trip was interrupted seems to me hitting the plane where it can't take off would fall under that. Were you mad at AIG or Carnival? Did you get reimbursed for anything on this?
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Administrator

It pays to read a policy before you buy it. Here is an excerpt from my current Travel Guard policy for our June cruise, under items that are excluded from the policy: (ii) travel arrangements cancelled by an airline, cruise line, or tour operator, except as provided elsewhere in the policy;

The logic no doubt being that if Carnival cancelled the cruise, for whatever reason, then Carnival is solely liable.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
It pays to read a policy before you buy it. Here is an excerpt from my current Travel Guard policy for our June cruise, under items that are excluded from the policy: (ii) travel arrangements cancelled by an airline, cruise line, or tour operator, except as provided elsewhere in the policy;

The logic no doubt being that if Carnival cancelled the cruise, for whatever reason, then Carnival is solely liable.
And on that note, there is another thread about trying to get a refund/reimbursement from carnival that is just as interesting.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Administrator

We've used Travel Guard for the past several cruises, mostly because of a good reputation and what we got for the premium. But we have never had to file a claim.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Our forum manager Tom Ogg did a review of insurance a couple of years ago. In it, he found Travel Insured to be the best, with Travel Guard being runner up. Read the article here.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Casanova-Many TA's will add no charge travel insurance to CCL cruises.

The free insurance offered by these online agencies worth exactly what you pay for it.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Our forum manager Tom Ogg did a review of insurance a couple of years ago. In it, he found Travel Insured to be the best, with Travel Guard being runner up. Read the article here.

Dave

Just read the article, very good! I share his sentiments about Princess and their policies. I have to deal with similar etched in stone policies that they seldom bend even when Princess is to blame for the issue. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend Penny or the other PCL loyals. They do a great job on the ships! They are just very lacking in their Corporate bureaucracy if a problem presents itself.

Dave, he didn't list the companies he reviewed, only mentioned the two that were recommended. I've got one I use myself and have had many many clients with claims. Never had a single issue with any claim. Was just curious if it was one that was reviewed.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM

I am actually going to get insurance this time. I am going to shop a bit first as well, and put my reading glasses on for the fine print. We have been lucky so far..but who knows, and why press your luck?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 AM

CCL has offered us insurance for the cruise but we had to get our own air and transfers, etc. Should we get theirs or one of the ones you are talking about on this site? Will their insurance cover our air, etc? I've never done this before and need alittle help.
Thanks for your input!

Closed Thread

Tags
air, biooking, carnival, cost, cruise, flight, forums, guard, including, insurance, issues, offering, review, travel, trip