Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 AM

Well if one of the posts you read was mine, I think you wouldn't be surprised to learn I would agree about the getting the insurance. I'll definitely do it next time.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtd:
CCL has offered us insurance for the cruise but we had to get our own air and transfers, etc. Should we get theirs or one of the ones you are talking about on this site? Will their insurance cover our air, etc? I've never done this before and need alittle help.
Thanks for your input!
DO NOT!!! I REPEAT -- DO NOT purchase insurance from the cruiseline (or any vacation provider). It is much more expensive and not nearly as comprehensive. Plus it is like purchasing health insurance from a hospital. There are several websites which allow you to get multiple quotes and compare cost/coverage. The website that I have used in the past is www.insuremytrip.com. I find them to be great and when you email them a question, they response time is unbelievably fast, sometimes in minutes.

I believe the going rate for an "all costs included" policy with decent coverage is approximately 5-8% of your estimated total cost. My next cruise is costing me, including airfare and ground transportation, approx. $1500. The policy I purchased was $75-$80. If you purchase it at the same time that you first book your vacation, you avoid the pre-existing condition waiver and it is just part of the expense of the trip and not "another expense".

I use to cruise without but now just purchase it on the same day that I book my vacation and forget about it.

However, do ready your policies to make sure what your mind envisions as insurance is what you are buying.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)

Closed Thread

Tags
air, biooking, carnival, cost, cruise, flight, forums, guard, including, insurance, issues, offering, review, travel, trip