Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Hello people I am back from the Carnival Destiny the only thing I can say about it is
WOW!!! Nice cruise…
During my first day I was talking to some people that work on the ship, I was telling them about my experience last year in the Adventure of the seas and how it compares to Carnival.
They told me that now Royal Caribbean had made a “pact” or economic Union with carnival so in the near future we can expect some changes in RCCL
Is that true??
Are they associated now???
Are they part of Carnival enterprises now, like princess or Holland??
I am writing my review about Carnival Destiny and I will give you all the info I can about the ship soon. Just a note:
Thanks to Carnival My wife wants to get another cruise next summer, she told me the day before disembarking, that Carnival was so great that she needs a new cruise trip in the near future…
THANKS CARNIVAL YOU SAVE ME!!!
I will like to give the Adventure of the seas another try any info will help a lot since I am looking forward to make my next booking soon thanks from everything…cruise chat

Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome back Caz! Glad to hear you had a fine cruise. As for the "pact"....that is news to me. RCI is still it's own company and not affiliated with Carnival. And surely if some sort of merger was in the works it would be all over the press by now. Perhaps the people you talked to were referring to some "understandings" between the two corporations about the market?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Welcome home Casanova. Glad to hear your cruise was wonderful.

A'ndrea
Old 07-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome
As for the news
It was new to me and also it sounded strange too
Actually that’s the same thing I was thinking
My wife told me “a Merge like that and is not in the internet??”
So I figured if anyone knows anything about this will have to be someone here at cruise chat…
But for what I believe it can be more like “understandings”
But this can also be the explanation as of why they keep calling their ships with the same names like Carnival Freedom and Freedom of the seas
Who knows maybe in the future…

Old 07-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

There are some ways that these two cruise lines work together without anything close to the size of a "merger".

For example, when a Carnival ship is in Cozumel and the International Pier (which RCCL owns) has room...Carnival will dock their ship there.

Glad you had a good time!!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 PM

I cannot ever see a merger with Carnival and RCI happening.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:38 AM

Casanova frankenstein,

any "economic union" of Carnival and RCI would be limited to smaller collaborations here and there as indicated by LHP.

Royal Caribbean Cruises and Carnival Corporation & plc are still rival competitors and a merger between the two would never be allowed by U.S. and European regulators.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribbeans, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruises, merge, merger, review, reviews, royal