Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 02:26 PM

Why do you like or dislike the Destiny?? I am thinking about a 5 day and would like opinions?? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 PM

I can let you know next week when I get back.I'm doing Grand Turk,Half Moon Cay,and Nassau.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 PM

I haven't been on her since she was new in '97. I liked the ship just fine if I recall.

berwyn, please do let us know about your cruise. I'll be a first timer to Half Moon Cay in a few months.

Dwayne
Old 08-09-2009, 06:30 AM
I was on the Destiny a few yeas ago. She is a beautiful ship. The stairways are walled with copper, very impressive. The floors to the lido deck common areas are real marble. We sailed out of San Juan and embarkation was the best I have ever had. On our cruise we had trouble keeping our toilet working but I don't think that was ship wide. Cabin 8102 if you want that info. We had a grand time.
As I recall the steam room was out of service a couple of days also.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:55 PM

berwyn
Please let us know what you think of the ship and the ports when you return. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 AM

Dwayne, Half Moon Cay has to be one of the prettiest private islands going. The sand is so powdery, clear water, just a really pretty island.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Thanks Penny, I can't wait to see it!

The Destiny should be in pretty good shape as she was just in Drydock last September. During which they did a lot of cosmetic enhancements. They also added the Seaside Theater.

Dwayne
Old 08-17-2009, 06:23 AM

The Destiny is a great ship. Every thing is very neat and clean. All the employees were very courteous and engaging. One thing I did not care for was the ships deck plan. If you were at the theater on deck three forward and wanted to get to the dining rooms on deck three or four aft you had to either go down to deck two or up to deck five and then walk across. Grand Turk is very nice and the ship docks right at the shopping area and beach. Half Moon Cay is beautiful and the sand is a fine powder. However it is a bit of a walk to the barbecue area. Nassau was very crowded as we were one of four ships docked there. Any other questions just ask.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 PM
berwyn - The deck layout of the ships built for Carnival by Fincanteri shipyards offer the same "thru" deck obstacles to walking the full length of decks three and four. Once you understand the design it no longer poses a problem - the first cruise on such a ship is ,indeed, confusing!

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-24-2009, 06:48 AM

Hi,

I just got back from the Destiny (5 day cruise) to the same islands you are inquiring about.

You can see the ship is an older one but is in good shape.

I found the entertainment was not as prominent at it was on the Glory the year before.

The food (Sit down suppers) was super like on the Glory. The food in my opinion was a 9/10 and would return just for that!!

The islands were nice. Grand Turk, I was a little disappointed as the beach was not as nice I had expected.

Half Moon by far the nicest beach I have ever been on!!

Nassau was great for the shopping. Bought a great Breitling!!!! Went to Paradise Island last year when I visited.

So overall, I would rate the trip an 8/10.

Let me know if you need more info.

Closed Thread

Tags
breitling, cabin, destiny, grand, opinions, turk