Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 05:48 AM

My wife, daughter, her husband, my grandson and I are traveling out of San Juan on May 2nd for 7 days. Out itt is the usual Saints and others exciting stops. Does anyone have any suggestions or thing we should not miss? I am always looking for deals and stuff most people don't see. I enjoy reading your posts and would like to thanks you in advance.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 AM

Hi tomgrant, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Sounds like you've been to these islands before. Have you checked out our Caribbean Port Chat section a little further down the page? There are tons of posts. You can use your "find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports, it will pull up all the posts made about them. Maybe you can find something that interests you. We'll be happy to try to answer any specific questions. We also have a FAQ section towards the bottom of the page that might be helpful. All I can add is have a wonderful cruise!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tomgrant:
M Does anyone have any suggestions or thing we should not miss?
YES!!! DON"T MISS THE SHIP.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:17 PM

I am on the same cruise. Maybe we will run into each other on board or on a shore excursion. Six ports on a 7 day cruise is going to be hectic but I looking forward to it. My pre-booked excursions are:

St. Thomas -- Helmet Dive at Coral World
Dominica -- Rain forest Aerial Tram
Barbados -- Harrison's Cave Tour
St. Lucia -- 4x4 Beach Getaway
St.Kitts -- Scenic Rail Tour
St. Maarten -- Best of St. Maarten Island & Beach Tour

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Conquest 2004
Triumph 2006
Liberty 2008
Victory 2010
Old 04-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Well here are a few:

1.Normally I arrive at port at 12;00 pm I know I cannot boar ship until 2:30 but they let you enter ship around 12:30 to 1:00 pm and you can hit the buffet before entering your cabin.

2. ARrive the day before your cruise you don't ant to miss the ship.

What do you want to know about this route??

I had been two times in this route already aboard the carnival destiny and plus I live on Puerto Rico
Old 04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

I would suggest being prepared for a very port intensive cruise. It can be tiring.

SKI49 looks like they have an excellent plan...if you are into those kinds of activities.

We have a special needs son...so excursions are limited to what we can do...unless hubby and older son and myself and younger son split for the day....(which we usually do)

If you want some alternatives:

St. Thomas -- very safe...no ship excursion required. Megan's Beach or Coki Beach are nice.
Coki if you want to snorkel. This is one of the ports where you can just grab a taxi...but do give yourself PLENTY of time to get back to the ship. If there are a lot of ships in port...the traffic can be a nightmare. There is also LOTS of shopping right at the port if you dock at Havensight.

Dominica -- hubby and oldest son snorkeled with at the champagne reefs and it was very interesting ... while younger special needs son and I just shopped a little at the straw market. This was years ago, so it may be better now...but they did the ship excursion. The vendors were aggressive at the dock.

Barbados -- hubby and older son when snorkeling with a ship excursion and younger son and I did a semi-sub. The people were VERY nice. We shopped afterward without a problem.

St Maarteen is one of my favorite ports. VERY friendly and mostly safe. (we did see a purse snatcher on the day we were there in broad daylight). There is a water taxi you can take from the port to downtown. Beaches are right there unless you want to nude beach, then you have to grab a taxi.

Juggies offers 2 beers and a "tiny" cigar for $2.99. It boasts about being the world's smallest bar. The owner is very nice and interesting to talk to.

We have not been to St. Lucia or St.Kitts.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 PM

I can vouch for the Champagne Reef snorkel on Dominica that LHP mentioned. On Barbados they have a shipwreck snorkel that is also fun.

Dwayne
Old 04-25-2010, 11:50 AM

This is my favorite itinerary out of all the ones I have done (done this one 3 times already and booked another for 11/28/10)!
In St. Thomas it is always fun to take the skyride up to Paradise point. It is a short walk over to it and you can do this at your own leisure, just don't wait too late to come back down as there is sometimes a line. It overlooks Charlotte Amalie from a great little spot that serves all kinds of yummies inlcuding the Bushwackers (beware taste delicious but creep up on you). You can see the ship from here and get some great pictures, also has a gift shop and some exotic birds.

In barbados the Harrison caves are very interesting (riding in little railcars) and even if it rains you are dry. If you enjoy rum, there is the Mount Gay rum factory near by (we walked but you can also get a taxi to). This is offered through tours but much less expensive to go yourselves to and purchase a ticket for the tour. Tour is about 45 minutes and costs about $7.00 a person and tours run every hour all day from 9:30-3:30 Mon - Friday, Saturday is 10 -4. Great history and we even got a few samples at the end!!
St. Kitts - If you like forts and history the Brimstone fort is pretty interesting and takes you along the island's main road, great views to the fort. A taxi is great for this and will wait for you and even take you nice and early to the Batik studio on the way to the fort if you like. It is worth seeing and how they are made.

I could go on but here are a few things that are easy to do on your own and not too physically demanding if your grandson is young. If you want more exciting there is parasailing in St. Thomas that is unbelievable and a zipline in Barbados that will take your breath away as your soaring through the tree tops.

Have a great time
Old 04-25-2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks so much to all I appreciate all the help.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:35 AM

Hi tomgrant. If you'll copy and paste the "bb" code into your signature, your ticker will work.

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, caribbean, dominica, excursion, factory, gay, kitts, mt, port, pr, review, royal, rum, shipwreck, st, victory