Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Dave
They told me they have a differant screen as Carnival employees than I. My reply was that others who are not employees can view thiers, I got no good answer. Anyhoo I give up. I now need to concentrate on 2 more cruises.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Don't you just love talking to the cruise line reps? Never a clear answer.

Some time back I started a spreadsheet to track all of my cruises. I have every one of them listed. Makes it easy to sort by line, year, ship, etc. Most importantly I know how many I have.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:47 PM

All I know is the instructions you received are correct and mine works just fine. It is true that Carnival employees do not have access to Carnival.com at work and can't see what you are seeing. At least I've been told that on several occasions.

After you click on My Profile it will take you to a screen to sign in or register. Are you sure you are registered on the site?

Dwayne
Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It is true that Carnival employees do not have access to Carnival.com at work and can't see what you are seeing. At least I've been told that on several occasions.
That makes no sense. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind not allowing them access.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 PM

I am sure I am registered. I am welcomed when I go on the site by name.I tried to enter my past geust # and I got a response saying the # belonged to someone else! I am easily confused, but I will have to say this takes the cake! Melting or otherwise!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vietvet:
I am sure I am registered. I am welcomed when I go on the site by name.I tried to enter my past geust # and I got a response saying the # belonged to someone else! I am easily confused, but I will have to say this takes the cake! Melting or otherwise!
I think I know what is happeneing. When I go on the web site it says Hi Gordon, BUT it won't show me my cruise history unless I sign in to prove I am really Gordon. So try signing in and then look for your cruise history under the profile. Mine worked just fine, showed 7 cruises and that was right.
Good luck

PS I assume you get the military discount, If you aren't and are a vet, ask for it, may save you a buck or two
Old 08-06-2009, 03:37 PM

As I said, if anything is different in your cruise history record you may have problems. Are you registered on the web as Tom or Thomas? and did you use Tom or Thomas for your first cruise when the Past Cruiser account would have activated? Also, did you put the Sr after your name or not? What ever they have in your Cruise profile needs to match.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 AM

CruiseDad is correct. When I go to the Carnival site its says "Hello Jim!" and even gives my past guest number... but at that point I am still NOT logged in. If I want to do anything with a cruise booking or see my profile it takes me to a "Sign-in/Register" form BUT just to the right of the form area is a "Member login" area. Put your email address in that you would have registered with) and a password and it should let you log in. Then you can select "my profile" once your logged in. If you can't remember your password, there is a "forgot password" link that will email you a new password (provided that the email address you register with is still valid) Once you log in you should be able to see everything.

Its very confusing to get the Sign-in/register form even though it knows who you are and you are already a member. It should default to the Member Login screen with a link to registration with "not a member?" like other sites do.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 AM

Hi vietvet,

Just to let you know, you are not alone. I am having the same exact problem. I have done everything posted here and see the same exact things you are seeing. I have given up on trying. I will do as Dave said and keep records on a spreadsheet.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-07-2009, 09:27 AM

I'm wondering if it is because they are veterans? Maybe they receive a different website because they get different rates? Something is triggering a different site, unless it's an old site stuck in the browser cache.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, change, cruise, cruises, cruising, find, id, line, member, number, password, past, review, reviews, total