Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 AM

My thought is that if you are travelling alone you may as well save a ton of money and take the inside cabin or an outside if there is little price difference. You will want to be out enjoying the company of others and being in the middle of things anyway. However, when travelling with a partner it is wonderful to spend quiet time on the balcony and enoy breakfast or lunch there.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:30 AM

Tonia, we will be on the same ship at the same time. Will you have kids with you by any chance. Taking our 16 yr. old granddaughter and hoping there will be at least one other teen.
Maybe we will see each other

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by forever:
Hi I'm a 30yo female from NY thinking of taking my first cruise. Since I cant find anyone to go with I'm thinking of taking a singles cruise with Vacations to go or Singles Cruise.com......
I just completed a solo cruise on the Carnival Miracle. I traveled by myself. While the two companies you mentioned might indeed offer you a good vacation, I didn't not travel with a group, and I reserved directly through Carnival.

I had no difficulty meeting really nice people. I was never bored... On the contrary, this was the most fun vacation I have ever taken. I took advantage of the ship's excursions so I was with other people from the ship. The price of a ship's excursion, if you are traveling alone, is similar to what you might pay for an independent excursion, plus it can be safer. The staff and crew did everything they could to make sure people were having fun. You will not be alone. There will be other people traveling by themselves on the ship.

Don't hesitate to take a cruise by yourself on your own. I suggest shopping for the best price you can get if it is with the cruiseline or through a travel agency or with one of the groups you mentioned. Then go, have a ball. You will love it.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 AM

I just wanted to mention two things.

You mentioned Vacationstogo. I know a friend from Kansas City that has booked at least 3 cruises with them, and have been happy with them. I also checked them out with the BBB, and they "ARE" a trust-worthy company.

Also, I have been on Princess/NCL/Holland American/RCCL and Carnival. So far, I have found no matter what room Carnival has inside/outside they are generally larger than the other ships.

Personally, as everyone else said, I would go for the inside room as your first cruise, and then if you are able to cruise again, go for the window or balcony next, that is what we did. This way if you want to spend your money elsewhere you can.

Have a great "1st" trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cruise, cruiser, inside, problems, singles, smugmug, time