Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 AM

Hi I'm a 30yo female from NY thinking of taking my first cruise. Since I cant find anyone to go with I'm thinking of taking a singles cruise with Vacations to go or Singles Cruise.com. They both have a May cruise to the Caribbean. Will an inside room make me feel like I'm in a closet? Is it really worth it to get an outside room? Do I get to pick my room or will I just be assigned any old room? Which rooms should I avoid on the Carnival Miracle? Thanks so much
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM

Hi forever, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Sounds like you're in for a great vacation. In all honesty, you won't be in your room that much. My preference is a balcony room, but if it meant not being able to afford a cruise, I'd book an inside. The only problem I have with an inside is not being able to tell what time it is, it's always dark, but it makes sleeping easier. The best rooms are mid-ship, both horizontally and vertically. Be aware, cruising is addictive
Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by forever:
Hi I'm a 30yo female from NY thinking of taking my first cruise. Since I cant find anyone to go with I'm thinking of taking a singles cruise with Vacations to go or Singles Cruise.com. They both have a May cruise to the Caribbean. Will an inside room make me feel like I'm in a closet? Is it really worth it to get an outside room? Do I get to pick my room or will I just be assigned any old room? Which rooms should I avoid on the Carnival Miracle? Thanks so much
Welcome forever, You will find lots of good info here. Cruising is a great vacation and singles can find other singles even if it isn't a singles cruise. I would suggest going direct to the Carnival Agents, or your own personal agent, In the times I have compared Vacations to go with prices I can get from Carnival direct they were way high. However they were responsive.
For your first cruise an inside cabin will probably be fine. Lots of folks are happy with them and the excitment of your first cruise will be plenty. However you will soon discover that lots of us frequent cruisers like and value an outside room, even a balcony cabin. you could try for a Guarenteed balcony cabin, a little less and maybe wind up with a better balcony room later.

Goto www.carnival.com to look at cabins on the Miricle and other important stuff

Book soon and have a great vacation
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 AM
A room is a room is a room....The total Cruise is the Great part....I've had all types of rooms and it's whatever makes you happy...Bring a little night light with a clock when in an inside room....and as it's been stated already...you aren't in your room that much...sometimes only for a few hours for sleeping....Have a Great 1st Cruise...You will become an addict like most of us...

Bob E
Old 09-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Welcome forever. My thinking is pretty much like what Bob posted. I am not in the cabin very much. So I booked an inside this time just to save the money. The inside cabins, especially on the newer ships are pretty nice. What I saved will probably go to my other cruising addiction..Slot Machines

Dwayne
Old 09-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I have done both. While a balcony is a really nice thing if money is an issue the inside cabins are nice too. On some of the older ships there are not that many balcony cabins and they can get pricey.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry in Miami:
I have done both. While a balcony is a really nice thing if money is an issue the inside cabins are nice too. On some of the older ships there are not that many balcony cabins and they can get pricey.
I have not had the balcony room yet...Ocean view is just so nice to wake up to and really you don't spend that much time in the room...if so...well that's up to you I guess.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi forever,

I would suggest you to at least reserve an ocean-view room. Since it's your first cruise it might be ideal to stay in an ocean-view room in case you hear noises (such as waves) and it could be relieving just peeking out the window to see the amazing water. My spouse was terrified of our first cruise together but staying in an ocean-view cabin made the cruising much better and relaxing. Good luck!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by toniandersson:
Hi forever,

I would suggest you to at least reserve an ocean-view room. Since it's your first cruise it might be ideal to stay in an ocean-view room in case you hear noises (such as waves) and it could be relieving just peeking out the window to see the amazing water. My spouse was terrified of our first cruise together but staying in an ocean-view cabin made the cruising much better and relaxing. Good luck!
We are going on our first cruise in Feb and my TA said the exact thing as toniandersson, so we booked an ocean view.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-27-2007, 07:18 AM

We have been in OV, inside, and balcony. We have no problem with an inside. We usually take inside on our Alaskan Cruises because of the price difference. You are not in them enough to matter. If there is a $ issue, get the inside and have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cruise, cruiser, inside, problems, singles, smugmug, time