Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 08:27 PM

How sound proof are the rooms?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:46 PM

The cabins are not sound proof at all. I don't find them excessively noisy either. If you have a cabin with alot of traffic above, instead of a cabin deck you might hear some noise. Or people in the hall late at night..that would be me I personally get so worn out, I sleep very well on the cruise with the gentle motion.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:28 AM

Sherri, do you plan on making a lot of noise,, naughty girl you. The rooms are pretty sound proof to me, I can't ever recall hearing the people in the cabins next to me.

Deege
Old 10-07-2006, 02:15 AM

I was just wandering because I read how alot of people "party hearty" and I can't imagine the rooms being quite. But no one has mentioned the rooms. Some hotels are not very quiet.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:59 AM

Hi Sherri,

I agree with IslandCruz, I slept very well on the Celebration!! The bed was very comfortable, and the gentle rocking of the ship helped me sleep very well. Plus the fact that we got up very early and down very late every night!! We didn't want to miss anything they offered us or the beautiful views of the water! I would say that generally the noise was no more than a muffled bump of a door closing, or of the toilet flushing...ha! If you haven't been on a cruise before, the toilets are a real experience!

We did hear some noise occasionally, but nothing to wake us from our sleep, or to keep us from going to sleep! We were always exhausted at the end of the day!

If you are a light sleeper, take some ear plugs to use when sleeping. That would almost guarantee you wouldn't be disturbed!

Have a great time, and be sure to tell us all about the cruise when you return!!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:07 AM

We've made it a habit to get cabins away from the elevators. I personally prefer the front right side of the boat at the end of the hallway. Hence no traffic. Noise has never been a problem for us either.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:40 AM

Thank you all. And you can bet I will tell everything about our trip. I can't wait.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:02 PM

WOW!! You have only 2 more weeks!! Do you have any idea what you are taking for clothes yet? I know I will be trying to figure what to take, what to take extra...just in case!! I ALWAYS pack too much...but as a woman...we deserve to change our minds...even last minute wardrobe changes! I'm hoping I do better this time!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:46 PM

Dont worry Sherri there are no moving headboards atatched ..... Just keep the TV turned up a little and you should be fine. Put on a screaming Thriller they wont know the difference.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:47 PM

I am so excited, I can't stand it. I already have one bag packed. I shop every day just in case something goes on sale that I missed....lol....hubby not laughing...
Since we only have one formal night, I bought a black cocktail skirt, with a black and silver glittery top. The other dinner nights will be skirt, and blouses or pant suits. I was on another web site, and they said black with some type of shimmer is in. My husband bought a tux, because since this is our 25th, and I haven't seen him in one since our wedding day, he surprised me. I won't let him show me him in it until formal night....silly I know, but were having a blast getting ready for this.
Did you go formal? Hubby? What did you wear? What did you find was the dress code?

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, ms, music, proof, proog, rooms, ship, ships, sound, soundproof, soundproofing, soundproofroomscostarica, staterooms, suite