Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 06:56 AM

We are sailing out of New York in May - Carnival Miracle - the first port is in San Juan. How is the Atlantic along the US coast this time of year? Also, anyone have any idea of the average temp for this time of year for the states in between NY to SC, which I know will be pretty decent from all the Myrtle Beach trips we have made in the past. Thanks for any input.

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 02-08-2007, 01:53 PM

Is there anyone out there who has sailed out of New York to the Caribbean????

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 02-10-2007, 05:14 AM

I did this cruise last summer (2006). It was on the Legend. We did have some weather challenges and stayed out to sea instead of making port in San Juan. A few people in our fairly large group got a little stir crazy. But, most of us were fine with the extra time at sea. The captain avoided the worst of the weather.

Only two people in our party were temporarily out of commission due to the rough seas.

Overall, everyone had a great time. Some passengers were disappointed with an onboard credit of $50 per passenger for missing San Juan. I felt it was fair.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:07 AM
We sailed out of New York in Dec 06 aboard the Norwegian Dawn. The seas were running 22-25 feet with 30/35 mph gusts. Our stateroom was forward. The Dawn is 960 feet in length and rode the seas very comfortably. Modern cruise ships have excellent stabilizers and -due to their size-handle and ride very nicely in rough seas. If you fear seasickness bring along some sea (wrist) bands and take ginger pills. I have no fears about sailing out of NYC at any time of year!

Bon Voyage
BillyBuzzy
Old 02-11-2007, 01:20 PM

We left NYC in 4/06 on th NCL Dawn. I wouldn't exactly call them "rough seas", but my girlfriend did take dramimine the 1st couple of days. Speaking from experience, you might want to get the less drowsy formula tablets and enjoy the ship more then the bed.
We definitely needed shorts and short sleeve shirts in FL and the Carribean. Don't forget to bring your suntan lotion.
You can get the temp. info you want at wetherchannel.com. Enjoy your trip
Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 PM

We went out of NY last Sept during hurricane season, we never had a problem. The seas were fine. It was cold leaving NY but once we awoke the next morning, it was warm.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:11 PM

I love cruising,
When in May are you going on the Miracle?? I have a party of 6 going May 3-11....what about you?? Theresa

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, ny, nyc, port, princess, review, reviews, rough, sailing, seas, western, york