Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 AM

I READ ON ANOTHER SITE ABOUT SELF DISEMBARK THE OTHER SITE SAID THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DROVE THERE OR FOR SOMEONE PICKING THEM UP ONLY,CAN YOU SELF DISEMBARK IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A SHUTTLE JUST TO GET OFF EARLY?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:47 AM

That is incorrect. The self-disembark is for anyone who can carry all their own luggage off the ship by themselves. This means you do not put any luggage outside your door the night before for pick up by the crew. Those carrying all their own luggage are the first ones off the ship which usually starts around 7:30am.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Banned

We did self disembark the last cruise, and I will do it again, I just won't go down to deck 2 so early. I will wait for them to get started then go down.Tom
Old 05-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Unless you have a flight to catch what's the hurry? Relax and have a nice breakfast first.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-08-2006, 02:40 PM

Just got back from 5 night on Ecstacy from Galveston. I am so glad we did not self-embark. My gosh there were so many people trying to get off at the same time the elevators and stairs were so crowded. I am glad we did the "by the color", "wait your turn" embarkation after we ate a big breakfast. We were off in less than an hour after we ate breakfast...it went very smoothly. We just put out our luggage by 11:00 pm and they immediately put it in the holding area to be sorted by deck. We put red bandanas on our bags and spotted them from 40 yards away..so easy to find. Went to the area to be checked by port authorities and off to our shuttle. So easy.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Hi Rodney,

I really don't think I'd like the self-debarkation. We typically have too much luggage and it would be a mess. Plus as you note, this type of thing can become too popular and end up being counter productive.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:44 AM

We've done self-help disembark on two cruises where had driven to the port. It went quite well and did get us out and into the parking lot very quickly. That gave us time to either start home early, or on our last cruise (two weeks ago) spend a full day at the Kennedy Space Center, not far from the Port Canaveral Cruise terminal. The hour or so head start was great. We pack light and have been able to easily maneuver the stairs. On the last one there was quite a crowd, but it still moved pretty steady and we were out the doors before 8:30 am.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS
Old 05-09-2006, 05:47 AM

Just my two cents worth, but I thought it was wonderful and would definetly do it again!!
I hope they leave it as a choice, so for those that wish to exit early for what ever reason, they can, and for those who have extra luggage or are just in no rush to leave, then the assisted way can be thier choice.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Thank goodness for a choice, and I am glad we can choose. It makes sense to offer both, so vacationers can leave on a happy note. We are fortunate that Carnival doesn't force us to only their way. Hats off to Carnival!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carolina, center, cruise, debarkation, disembark, disembarking, galveston, kennedy, legend, north, port, selfembark, space, stairs