Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 AM
In order to be fair we can be different culture, yes I am a local, but there are few things a like you to know in order to clarify some things:

1. ďCarnival deeply discounts the cabins to localsĒ
Thatís no true we pay the same price the only difference is that we donít take flights from the states so we can book later when the prices goes down and since we donít have to book a flight is cheaper for us, is nothing like they give us offers for being locals is the same price you pay in USA, Actually I buy using carnival.com is the same price for you and I book it in February Why?
Because I know that in summer Destiny is at full capacity months before the trip.

2. We speak English so you see by this post, the only problem is we actually understand it but most of the people in the island donít speak it for some reason when you ask a Puerto Rican ďDo you speak EnglishĒ they say no because when you translate from Spanish that means we can not talk using English but 90% of the island can understand it.

3. I have been in the Destiny one time and this summer I will cruise with them again and I will let you know that is true, some locals are rude and over the top loud. But they are only a few, so please donít judge an entire island because of a few locals.

4. Remember we are different thatís a given but why do you travel?

I think is to know different culture, to explore, come to Puerto Rico and the Destiny if you really want to taste the Caribbean life, But remember we are different in many ways, We like salsa, merenge and like to dance all night, so you need a little patience and understand this is a mix of many cultures. In the island of PR, especially San Juan, there are a lot of people and not all of them are Puerto Rican. I believe I already read most of your comments in the net, like the one that IBCRUZIN' do you already post a review In other site?

Iím not trying to make an issue of this but Iím proud of what I am and believe me If in any way I have offend you my apologies and Iím sorry for that, thatís not my intentionÖthanks
Old 04-30-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanova frankenstein:
In order to be fair we can be different culture, yes I am a local, but there are few things a like you to know in order to clarify some things:

Iím not trying to make an issue of this but Iím proud of what I am and believe me If in any way I have offend you my apologies and Iím sorry for that, thatís not my intentionÖthanks
No need for an apology. When I wandered around the port area of San Juan, I had a good time. The people I interacted with were friendly and helpful. So who knows what gives with The Destiny.

I am going to San Juan next month on the Liberty and expect to have a blast.

Happy Cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 AM

TrvlPro...who do you book your travel insurance through? I usually always travel in Sept/Oct/Nov because prices are low, weather is still warm and kids are in school (don't get me wrong...love the kids - have some of my own ).
I would be interested in outside insurance.
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cruizinallthetime:
TrvlPro...who do you book your travel insurance through? I usually always travel in Sept/Oct/Nov because prices are low, weather is still warm and kids are in school (don't get me wrong...love the kids - have some of my own ).
I would be interested in outside insurance.
Thanks
Go to www.insuremytrip.com. Great customer service and fast response time.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-30-2007, 12:38 PM

Thank you IBCRUZIN' - That is a great website!

Old 04-30-2007, 12:40 PM

cruizinallthetime,

I use a company called CSA Travel Protection. They're one of the providers on the site IBCRUZIN' posted. I'm an agent and have a professional relationship with them so I may be biased. As a result I know more about their policies than I do of any others. I know from the posts here there are a number of good providers out there. I have had clients with claims and have been very satisfied with how they've handled my clients, without exception.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-30-2007, 06:50 PM

TrvlPro - It's good to hear that you have been satisfied with how they handled your clients. That means alot. Will definitely check into it.
Thanks so much.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, carnival, cruise, destiny, experiences, experiency, good, groups, latin, music, passenger, positive, recent, reviews, rowdy, ship