Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 PM

I've read way more about bad experiences (engine problems, rowdy people on board, etc) than good ones on the Destiny..and I've booked my cruise for the Destiny for 2008. Has anyone had any good experiences?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:27 PM

I've not sailed the Destiny personally but have booked many clients on her. I've had mostly favorable surveys from clients. I am doing the Southern Carib again this fall on Adventure of the Seas. You'll love the itinerary and I'm pretty confident you'll also enjoy Destiny.

Just out of curiousity, why would you book a ship that you did the homework on and found an abundance of poor reviews? Destiny is certainly not the only ship sailing San Juan to the Southern Carib.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-28-2007, 04:29 PM

I booked it because it was cheap and I liked the itinerary I've only put the deposit down so I could always cancel before the final payment date.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:57 PM

I get it now. Have a great vacation!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Well I cruise in Destiny for my honeymoon in 2005 great cruise!!! A Fun ship!!!
For all of the reviews I already checked it depends,
All the things about the Destiny being no “so good” about the poor boat conditions and those terror histories are lies, believe me I have trip with them and for this summer I will do it again I already paid for it.
The reason I book with them again was their service, the itinerary and also for all the partying on board I already tried the Adventure of the seas and did not like to much relaxing I’m young, also my wife, and we like to party all night, about the food is excellent and you will find a new “Latin Music taste” in your life.
Remember if you are a quiet type of person maybe is not the cruise for you but if you are looking for a new Caribbean experience it’s the only way…
Old 04-28-2007, 06:49 PM

Casanova,

Are you one of those rowdy people kj was referring to? You party all night? doesn't the hangover the next day get in the way during excursions the next day?

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Man, I really don’t drink, don’t like handovers or enjoy that kind of fun for personal reasons…
I am most the kind person that likes dancing all night, good music, good food and a fun experience.
No less I will enjoy a social drink anytime but is not my usual kind of fun…and besides have you seen the prices in the Cruise they are way off my budget
But who knows maybe next time I’ll buy the first round cheers everyone!!! LOL
Old 04-28-2007, 07:07 PM
K.J. we booked the Destiny for 2008 also and I saw the positive and negative but like Casanova said about adding a Latin Music taste in my life I'm looking forward to it. All Carnival ships seem to be more lively and happy and I guess that is why we have taken 6 out of 8 cruises with them. I'm with you on the best price and that is why we booked and that going out of San Juan you get more ports and less sea days. Although the flights there are really high we are going early and make a few days ahead of the cruise to play, rest up, and beat the weather if it bites us. Lots of good help in here on the ports. One forum buddy even sent me a dvd of the Eastern Caribbean that is really nice. What is your date???
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Casanova you and the wife sound like a lot of fun. Wish we were going on the same ship. I'd try to party all night with you, not sure I'd be able to keep up! You're going in the summer and I'm going in the fall, that's a shame.

If y'all could teach me how to dance latin without two lfet feet you wouldn't have to worry about the drink budget, I'd buy!

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Babydoll, I'm going on Aug 10/08 Yourself? I am not sure how much flights are from Buffalo to San Juan..but I am guessing around $300 judging from the prices for Aug 2007 flights.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, carnival, cruise, destiny, experiences, experiency, good, groups, latin, music, passenger, positive, recent, reviews, rowdy, ship