Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 09:56 AM

MMM White Russians! SO nice....... So Smooth! Its like the only drink that I've been drinking since college folks! YUM YUM Trust me, you know those Coolers that made bartending so much easier??? You don't want to see me on them.... I had two of them the other night at the Eric Clapton Concert, and I tell ya, it wasn't pretty the next day. I can't handle the processing of those things!! Yuck! (Like really, when I drink them, you would think I've just drank a 66er of rye) Its aweful!

Equal parts Kaluha, Vodka and mix with milk( I use milk because if I drank light cream, I wouldn't be so "Light") ehehehehehe

Ohh la la, if you want a great one made with milk and you have these items kicking around the house, mix equal parts Galiano, Creme de Cacao, with milk, you can mix this in a martini glass and sprinkle with Real Cocoa. Thats called a "Golden Cadillac"

What ever happened to REal drinks now? Everywhere serves coolers and for most its so convenient.

Ooops have I gotten onto a Rant?

Have a great day all!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:14 AM

mmmmmm.....Thanks. If you think of anything else,let me know...mmmmmm These sound great.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:26 PM

If you like frozen drinks, they make a cool one on the ship called Miami Vice. It is half strawberry daquari, half pina colada

I usually just have a few beers and get a frozen drink the last sea day. But alot of people have been talking about the Bacardi "Mojito" so I may try one
Old 10-16-2006, 10:55 AM

About 10 of us go on a Carnival cruise yearly for 4 years now and we have always put 3 to 4 bottles of liquor in our luggage. We have enough to keeps us happy for the week. Make sure you get the plastic bottles so you don't end up smelling like alcohol all week.
Also, every Carnival boat I have been on offers a soda card for about $40. With this card you can go to any bar anywhere on the boat and get a free beverage. Then you pull out your handy flask and your good to go. The $40 card is well worth it for the week considering $40 can only get you about 5 mixed drinks. Now if you a beer fan like me bring lots of money for the bars.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:03 AM

Wallace,
Do you put the liquor in a different container? Also, I know they let you bring wine on. How many will they let you get by with? Two...Three? Also, will they let you take the wine in your carryon, or do you have to put it in your checked bags?

Thanks!!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:14 PM

Quote:
In S.C. up untill this year we were required to use mini bottles which are 1.7 oz. And to make a White Russian you have to put 2 bottles in it.
IslandCruz, what about a Long Island Iced Tea? When I was in Charleston a few years ago, I was told by this one bartender that he could only serve that to two people because of the amount of booze in the drink (using those minis).

Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ChucksOK:
quote:
In S.C. up untill this year we were required to use mini bottles which are 1.7 oz. And to make a White Russian you have to put 2 bottles in it.
IslandCruz, what about a Long Island Iced Tea? When I was in Charleston a few years ago, I was told by this one bartender that he could only serve that to two people because of the amount of booze in the drink (using those minis).

Wow! I guess so when it comes to a drink like a LIIT, otherwise people would be crawling out of the bar after one drink!

Two drinks makes for a much more dignified bar crawl.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I usually just have a few beers and get a frozen drink the last sea day. But alot of people have been talking about the Bacardi "Mojito" so I may try one

What is this Mojito?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:52 PM

Chuck,

At the hotel were I filled in sometimes, we had a mini cocktail that had all 4 liquors in it for a single drink. Long Island Tea Cocktail. TGI Fridays would not even serve 2 bottle drinks. Some hotels here still use the mini bottles for inventory control. I would have to learn all over again using the big bottles

sherri,

This past summer Bacardi and Carnival had drawings on the ships, if you ordered a Mojito you got entered for cash prizes and a free cruise. So alot of people tried them. I did not know what is was either.

http://www.bacardimojito.com/feature..._recipe_01.htm

IslandCruz
Old 10-17-2006, 04:39 AM

Thanks Island Cruiz. What fun to enter you into drawings. Do they do that alot?

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, alcohol, board, bring, bringing, carival, carnival, cruise, drinks, fasanation, fascination, onboard, pay, rules, sho, victory, wine