Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 12:40 AM

Hi sherri,

No they don't do it very often. Was a mutual marketing promotion I hear.

I see you are getting super close to cruise time and wanted to wish you a big..

Bon Voyage

IslandCruz
Old 10-19-2006, 02:34 AM

Hi All!

WEll its 530am and I'm just getting ready for work. My last day until I leave for Toronto to fly out.

First of all, Dale ordered a Mojito in a bar in the Dominican Rep. They grabbed a bunch of leaves and crushed them up, and mixed all kinds of weird things in there and bam "Mojito" I hear they are darn potent but he didn't like it too much. As for the Lon Island Ice Teas, OMG, Ok here is the story, we used to go to the same bar when in college, and I used to order their long island Iced teas, I don't know what they put into it but it was the REAL LIIC because 4 full bar shots went into it, (Not the premixed LIIT liquor they have now) Anyhow, I'd drink two and totally BLACK OUT. I would be conscious, bopping around the bar, dancing etc, but never remembered a thing the next day. Folks, I kid you not...... 2 -3 drinks and I was a mess! (Won't touch them ever again although I do remember they are so tasty)

Well best be off to work, Hugs to all and will chat more later!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 AM

Thank you Islandcruz. I'm really close to leaving, and am finding it hard to work. Hey. Maybe there is a rare disease called cruise-itis or something, so I could call into work and not go...... On second thought, no. It would be a very long day staring at the clock instead of working.Never mind.
Thanks anyway. I will let you all know how my very first cruise went.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:36 AM

Bringing Soda and Water with you on the cruise sounds like it would be a more memorable trip. I know when I've had too many..the whole night is pretty fuzzy!! Let alone a whole week!! Have a great trip and let us know how it goes for you!! Happy Sailing

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 10-19-2006, 09:08 AM

We used a water bottle with vodka in it, blended in well with the other waters

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-19-2006, 09:37 AM

Mojito recipe:
3 fresh mint sprigs
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 oz light rum
club soda

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with *chilled* club soda (or seltzer). Add a lemon slice and the remaining mint, and serve.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM

We don't put the liquor in a different container. They aren't going to search your bags. But just to be safe buy the plastic bottles. We've gotten as much as 3 bottles a suitcase but I'm sure you could fill a whole suitcase if you were a heavy drinker. Not sure about the carryon thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by cathyt:
Wallace,
Do you put the liquor in a different container? Also, I know they let you bring wine on. How many will they let you get by with? Two...Three? Also, will they let you take the wine in your carryon, or do you have to put it in your checked bags?

Thanks!!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:51 PM

Tracy,

Long Island Ice Tea is not suppose to be made that way unless you are making a pitcher! I wonder how they had room left in the glass for the sour mix and coke

Wishing you a big BON VOYAGE

IslandCruz
Old 10-20-2006, 07:12 AM

Just thought I would mention the Mojitos on the Grand P. were very yummy.If you order these on an island (DR) you will get their version, which is not always as wonderful as they think, I ordered one in Casa Mayo and could barely drink it. You have to be careful when ordering ANYTHING with rum as they immediately reach for the 151 bottle. You must stick to the true recipe as written by penny3333, and please they must be in a nice tall fancy glas with lots of ice, its all in the presentation. Another drink I seem to enjoy is a seabreeze (vodka, grapefruit & cranberry) but ask for a little OJ(kind of sweetens the deal). Another is your basic vodka & tonic with a little 7-up.
Happy sails. And remember if you drink to much and are talking to the big white porcelein bowl, remember DON'T flush till you are able to lift your head.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, alcohol, board, bring, bringing, carival, carnival, cruise, drinks, fasanation, fascination, onboard, pay, rules, sho, victory, wine