Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 12:22 AM

I sure don't want to offend anyone..But, to the original question..

blackvinyl had the correct answer, and we should give credit where credit is due.

Carnival does not auto-gratuity for under 2.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:01 AM

thanks IC,

I thought maybe i was still being punished for the "secret door" post.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:09 AM

It seems that I was a bit confused .I did mean auto tipping ( on your sail and sign) I have no problem tipping and do tip well for great service.I would never pre pay .I do wonder if the tips get to those that they are intended.So my understanding is that for 2 adults and 1 child over 2 it will be $30 a day.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:21 AM

here ya go.

FAQ tipping
Old 06-02-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackvinyl:
thanks IC,

I thought maybe i was still being punished for the "secret door" post.
Punished? Don't be rash Kevin, it was just a mild irritation. We have a way of getting along together here you'll end up making good friends. You might have to put up with a few wayward threads but as one poster put it, we're not talking the war in Iraq here. Fun loving cruise junkies is how I see it.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I always pre-paid tipping is better to know that you already paid for your trip and forget about charges, only the future ones you want to make using your fun pass. I have always do that in Royal and also in carnival.
I remember talking to one of the waiters at Royal Caribbean and she told me they most relay on tips for their pay checks and not a salary.
I don’t know if that’s true so if anyone knows please let me know….
I never tip the maitre in my cruises so I see he does not do any work, but I always give some extra $$$ for my waiters in CASH if their work is a good one, even with the already pre paid tipping, For me is good to let them that extra $$$ if for their great service… because that’s always the case in my experience.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Hi Ken,
My comment was just a little joke for Dwayne because I gout if it really matters to anyone else. This message board thing has become quite addictive and I enjoy everyone here.
Kevin
Old 06-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by blackvinyl:
Hi Ken,
My comment was just a little joke for Dwayne because I gout if it really matters to anyone else. This message board thing has become quite addictive and I enjoy everyone here.
Kevin
I gout? You're getting the posts mixed up!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Don't be rash Kevin, it was just a mild irritation
I know, I'm still learning. I was just following Ken's lead.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:

blackvinyl had the correct answer, and we should give credit where credit is due.

Quote:

Even CCL is confused on this one. I called General Res to confirm and the young lady I spoke to said there is no policy regarding age exceptions, even children under 2.

Dwayne, I have come to trust your information so having gotten wrong info before I called back and asked to speak to a Supervisor. They directed me to the website link provided by blackvinyl which is their tipping guidelines. Nowhere in that guideline is there an age exception. Being persistent to get the right info I again asked the Mgr to verify the policy. He went to the electronic Res Agent manuel and read me from the screen that children under 2 are in fact NOT auto charged.

I've requested that information be updated on their site so that what the public sees matches their policy and there is no confusion.

Dwayne, you won't ever offend me by correcting something that's inacurate. I appreciate it. For a very long time I've been giving clients incorrect info based on the written policy the provide. Their internal policies are apparently different from what they post and provide to the public and agents.

Thanks again for the correction!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, ccl, cruise, dining, guide, guidelines, line, pande, prepaid, room, ship, ships, steward, tipping, tips, top