Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Neil, No thanks needed, but thanks. I know what you mean as I had to call to get the answer as well. Is there a difference in Gen/Res and Agt/Res? All I know is I call this number 1-800-327-9501 and try to call when I get Colorado instead of Miami. They did have to look it up, but only took a second.

Best Regards,
Dwayne
Old 06-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Agents use a different #, they ask for an agent # to identify the agency since rate codes vary for different agencies.

I haven't found a great deal of difference between the two cities but then I don't usually ask. If you ever have to deal with their Group Dept, they all seem to be new and it can be really frustrating. Hold times can be up to 30 mins and then they put you on hold constantly to ask a Supv everything, they don't seem to know how to even do a simple booking for you. But their Cust Serv/Guest Relations is the worst. There is a tremendous turn-over in their staffing. Being provided misinformation can be a major issue as the company will not back anything you're told verbally. If you book direct check the confirmation carefully and get things corrected quickly if there are any errors. They charge fees to make corrections if you delay (even if the error is their fault).

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-02-2007, 07:12 PM

Neil, I too even with my limited bookings have had a few run ins. They only ask the agency phone number if I am making a Res. and if I am changing something they ask for clia#. If I just need a question and I identify myself they don't ask and are pretty nice.

But have a problem, and well you pretty much summed that up.

I was just asking because I have been using that number for many years and it is not the one they advertise for Gen/Res anymore. I don't want to start a Miami/Colorado Springs conflict, but there is a difference to me.

I guess I may have went wayward on this thread, my apologeez. But we both learned something that they even had to look up. And the question got answered.

Cheers back at you,
Dwayne
Old 06-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

Don't be so rash in apologizing IC
Old 06-02-2007, 08:13 PM

That's the idea.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned

You have an understanding heart and mind, psycho!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocruiser:
Don't be so rash in apologizing IC
Thanks, I am still learning about manners to keep threads on topic so to help others. I appreciate you correcting me.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
That's the idea.
Ken, please explain?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 AM

On the NOS the question the crew kept asking, the few brits onboard, about the Nos going to the med, was is it true you brits are bad tippers, the answer and I generalise yes, the reason is that a lot of cruise/ holiday companies from the UK pay crew a wage that is not reliant on tips, they do not put the 15% addition on your cruise card, you should then,tip in cash the people who are good at there job, although on the new queen they added 15% I think to your bar tab,and wine bill, I think you are all right,as long as hard work is noticed and rewarded, I hope that helped to rashsonalise the thread steve, but the rep for being bad tippers is in the most part I am sad to say is correct
Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 AM

Yeppers, It is. Most Brits don't tip at all in the US. I used to get mad as a waiter and then bartender until I understood it was not them being un-appreciative, but the culture.

I know I have posted this before, but this one guy would come to golf every few months, nicest guy ever and loved for me to make him a tequila sunrise. He said mine were the best he had ever had anywhere. All these months of coming and drinking my sunrises the guy never tipped me, but would always thank me. I never said anything.

A few days after 911 he sent a card to the hotel for me personally, and a huge flower arrangement for the entire staff of the hotel with his thoughts.

I no longer judge people that don't tip from the UK.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, ccl, cruise, dining, guide, guidelines, line, pande, prepaid, room, ship, ships, steward, tipping, tips, top