Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 PM

My wife and I are considering taking our first cruise, with our teenage son and a friend of his next spring. We are trying to decide between the Inspiration and the Miracle, both from Tampa, where we live. The Miracle seems to get better reviews, since it's newer and is a seven-day cruise; is the Miracle that much better? We're not sure cruises are our thing (we have always been independent travelers), so we worry about going for seven days. On the other hand, seven good days is preferable to four bad days. Anyone been on both of these ships?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:01 AM

Ah! There is no comparison - the Miracle is a far better ship than the Inspiration. Not only is it much newer, but the amenities, facilities and physical appearance of the Miracle are all superior to those you will find on the Inspiration. I think you will find that there is much more to do on the Miracle (particularly for your teenage son and friend). Since the 7 day cruise adds 2 ports to your itinerary and you will be at sea only 2 days on either ship - without question go on the Miracle. It will definitely be a much better cruise experience for the first time out.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-03-2005, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. You confirm what I suspected from reading some reviews. Curious, though, what you mean about there being much more to do on the Miracle. Does it have a rock climbing wall, for example, or skeet shooting or some other activities that the Inspiration lacks? Surprisingly, Carnival's web site is a little light on the details. I've heard there's a lot to do on cruises, but much of what I read about is eating, drinking, gambling, comedy and Vegas style shows. Not that there's anything wrong with any of that! Just wondering what other onboard activities we can expect. (I'm sure we'll find plenty to do at the ports of call, though they seem to add a lot to the overall cost.)
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Scherb,
I have been on the Inspiration w/o my Tweens...Can I ask how old the are. I might be flamed for this but anothe line has alot more activities. We have been on two Fantastic cruises INSP and Cel.If I was going to take my kids I would have to bite the bullet and book with the "other"
Jefft
Old 08-06-2005, 01:08 PM

They are 16 and 17 (one is our son, the older his friend). I've wondered about the Celebrity line, which seems to have more to offer in food and on-board activities. Is that worth exploring? That would mean driving to Miami, but it's only 4 hours from here. The main reason we are considering the Inspiration or Miracle is convenience; we live in Tampa and both depart from here.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:07 AM

Have you considered the Mariner out of Port Canaveral? Their activities might be of interest
Mini golf,Inline skating,Ice skating,Movie Theater,along with the Pools. The iteneraries are about the same and they have 5,6and 7 day trips. I have not been on this one personally but the next time we bring our tweens I think thats the one we are going to do

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, inspiration, miracle, ships