Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Our taxi driver going over was very nice. I wish I had gotten his name. He turned the meter off at $15.00 while we were sitting waiting to be directed by Port Security. We just gave him a $20.00.

Luggage was kinda tight though in his Lincoln.

Coming back...we grabbed a van from Space Port Shuttle. It was a flat $20.00 from the port to the hotel. But that is for up to 5 people and he had plenty of room for luggage.

I kept his card in case we decide not to wait until noon and want to split a van with someone.
Thanks, LHP. Last fall I only paid around $7-$8 plus tip. They were "Johnny on the spot" too. I don't publicly give out their name if I'm on the same cruise for obvious reasons. They only have Crown Victoria type taxis though, and the luggage was tight as well. Of course, I am the worst packer in the world and also brought water and soda. I did goof and didn't realize I needed to wait across from the terminal in that parking lot, as opposed to the luggage drop off area on debarkation day. I called back and they let me know she was waiting for me there. I noticed you posted on the Roll Call so I'll continue there.

Dwayne
Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I totally agree, Dwayne. I don't know how it could possibly hurt them, it's not like the "perks" cost them that much. If they do it within their "sister" lines, it still goes into the coffers.
I know! They could just open up more past guest offers and maybe give us VIP embarkation or something. I wouldn't expect all the perks, just something. Maybe they don't want the Carnival folk mixing with the Princess people, or vice versa, or something.

Dwayne
Old 05-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
I totally agree, Dwayne. I don't know how it could possibly hurt them, it's not like the "perks" cost them that much. If they do it within their "sister" lines, it still goes into the coffers.
I know! They could just open up more past guest offers and maybe give us VIP embarkation or something. I wouldn't expect all the perks, just something. Maybe they don't want the Carnival folk mixing with the Princess people, or vice versa, or something.

Dwayne

I have submitted my suggestion for recripocating benefits among sister cruise lines to the various Carnival staff in Miami.

I understand that Carnival was restrictive about their perks on the Platinum level. I get that....more and more folks are becoming Platinum and Carnival did not want to put themselves in the situation of overloading the system and having to remove perks like RCCL just did.

But for Milestone Reward Members (25+ cruises) there is no reason not to have reciprocating perks among the sister cruise lines.

Anyone with 25 Carnival cruises will still cruise Carnival...AND it may tempt them to try a sister cruise line that is more expensive!!!

RCCL and Celebrity do it.
Princess and Cunard do it.

There is no reason that Carnival can't do it for Milestone Reward Members. IMHO
Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
Our taxi driver going over was very nice. I wish I had gotten his name. He turned the meter off at $15.00 while we were sitting waiting to be directed by Port Security. We just gave him a $20.00.

Luggage was kinda tight though in his Lincoln.

Coming back...we grabbed a van from Space Port Shuttle. It was a flat $20.00 from the port to the hotel. But that is for up to 5 people and he had plenty of room for luggage.

I kept his card in case we decide not to wait until noon and want to split a van with someone.
Thanks, LHP. Last fall I only paid around $7-$8 plus tip. They were "Johnny on the spot" too. I don't publicly give out their name if I'm on the same cruise for obvious reasons. They only have Crown Victoria type taxis though, and the luggage was tight as well. Of course, I am the worst packer in the world and also brought water and soda. I did goof and didn't realize I needed to wait across from the terminal in that parking lot, as opposed to the luggage drop off area on debarkation day. I called back and they let me know she was waiting for me there. I noticed you posted on the Roll Call so I'll continue there.

Dwayne

For half the price...I will put a piece of luggage in my lap if I have to!!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
For half the price...I will put a piece of luggage in my lap if I have to!!!! Thumbs Up
I still have their number in my cell phone and their card. I'll call them and see what the current rate is. It was a little more coming back for some reason. I'll send you the info.

Dwayne
Old 05-30-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I have submitted my suggestion for recripocating benefits among sister cruise lines to the various Carnival staff in Miami.

I understand that Carnival was restrictive about their perks on the Platinum level. I get that....more and more folks are becoming Platinum and Carnival did not want to put themselves in the situation of overloading the system and having to remove perks like RCCL just did.

But for Milestone Reward Members (25+ cruises) there is no reason not to have reciprocating perks among the sister cruise lines.

Anyone with 25 Carnival cruises will still cruise Carnival...AND it may tempt them to try a sister cruise line that is more expensive!!!

RCCL and Celebrity do it.
Princess and Cunard do it.

There is no reason that Carnival can't do it for Milestone Reward Members. IMHO
I hope they don't start cutting perks like RCI did. I do understand that there are a lot more Platinum members now though. I would like to cruise on Princess sometime and at least have VIP embarkation. I am long way from Milestone though. If they would ever put a ship permanently in Charleston I'd narrow the gap quickly.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, beach, canaveral, carnival, check, checkin, dream, drop, myrtle, port, pt, security, shuttle, status, vip, worth