Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Just wanted to report that we had the BEST VIP Check In EVER!!!!

The Glory was a couple of hours late getting in, and the desk clerk let us know about this...so we slept late and left the hotel at 12:30pm (we usually leave at 11AM).

Again, we left the hotel (Radisson - by taxi) at 12:30pm and were ON LIDO eating by 12:55pm.

There were folks standing outside the door in the regular line. But there was no one in the VIP line. We literally walked right past everyone. Right through Security...Right through Check In...got our "photo" for the wall and walked on the ship.

KUDOs to Port Canaveral!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:

The Glory was a couple of hours late getting in, and the desk clerk let us know about this...so we slept late and left the hotel at 12:30pm (we usually leave at 11AM).

Again, we left the hotel (Radisson - by taxi) at 12:30pm and were ON LIDO eating by 12:55pm.

There were folks standing outside the door in the regular line. But there was no one in the VIP line. We literally walked right past everyone. Right through Security...Right through Check In...got our "photo" for the wall and walked on the ship.

Thanks for the report LHP!

Port Canaveral usually does a great job with VIP check-in. At least that has been my experience so far. The VIP staff are very accommodating and good at keeping everyone informed. They are humorous too sometimes. I asked if I could go back out to smoke after checking in, and was told not unless I would forfeit my cruise to her. She was kidding, and let them know I was going back out. I breezed right back in through the VIP line.

The staff at the Radisson are awesome in my opinion too. I drove down over night the last time and arrived before 7AM. The desk clerk was so nice and let us check in without paying the extra night. I didn't want to wait for the free shuttle and took a taxi over.

Dwayne
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:

Thanks for the report LHP!

Port Canaveral usually does a great job with VIP check-in. At least that has been my experience so far. The VIP staff are very accommodating and good at keeping everyone informed. They are humorous too sometimes. I asked if I could go back out to smoke after checking in, and was told not unless I would forfeit my cruise to her. She was kidding, and let them know I was going back out. I breezed right back in through the VIP line.

The staff at the Radisson are awesome in my opinion too. I drove down over night the last time and arrived before 7AM. The desk clerk was so nice and let us check in without paying the extra night. I didn't want to wait for the free shuttle and took a taxi over.

Dwayne

Our taxi driver going over was very nice. I wish I had gotten his name. He turned the meter off at $15.00 while we were sitting waiting to be directed by Port Security. We just gave him a $20.00.

Luggage was kinda tight though in his Lincoln.

Coming back...we grabbed a van from Space Port Shuttle. It was a flat $20.00 from the port to the hotel. But that is for up to 5 people and he had plenty of room for luggage.

I kept his card in case we decide not to wait until noon and want to split a van with someone.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 AM

How does one go about getting VIP Check - In? It sounds like dream for someone with 2 impatient children, and to be honest, I'm no prize to deal with when impatient either!!!

Thanks!!
Kevin

Carnival Dream April 2010
Old 05-28-2009, 07:44 AM

I believe on Carnival, you either have to book a suite or have more than 10 cruises on Carnival (not sister lines) for VIP status. Dwayne, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Administrator

They sure like to hide this on their website. It took me several searches to find Carnival's VIP Check In Policy. It looks like you get it starting on your 10th cruise, and of course for those in suites.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!! I guess I'll have to start booking. By the time we get VIP status, the kids probably won't want to vacation with us any more!!!

Carnival Dream April 2010
Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I believe on Carnival, you either have to book a suite or have more than 10 cruises on Carnival (not sister lines) for VIP status. Dwayne, correct me if I'm wrong.
It is pretty much right to me.

The VIP check-in starts with the 10th cruise. The only other way (to my knowledge) to get VIP check-in services is to have bought into a certain club, of which we'll not mention.

Quote:
They sure like to hide this on their website. It took me several searches to find Carnival's VIP Check In Policy.
Yes, they have moved info around and made some of it harder to find, and you have to dig for it now. They used to have the best FAQ section of all the cruise lines IMHO until they started messing with it awhile back.

Dwayne
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM

I also meant to add that I think they dropped the ball with the "Interchange Privileges". They should have given loyal cruisers at least a "few" perks to try their other brands. It was like "pulling teeth" to even get a Past Guest rate quote on "selected" sailings with Princess last year. JMHO.

Dwayne
Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 AM

I totally agree, Dwayne. I don't know how it could possibly hurt them, it's not like the "perks" cost them that much. If they do it within their "sister" lines, it still goes into the coffers.

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, beach, canaveral, carnival, check, checkin, dream, drop, myrtle, port, pt, security, shuttle, status, vip, worth