Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 11:56 PM

Anyone have any thoughts about the Victory? We just got home from Liberty-- is it as nice as Liberty..any help would be great! I enjoy others point of view. Thank You

Aruba Reviews
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 AM

The Liberty is five years newer than the Victory and the Liberty is larger, but it is barely noticeable. The Victory is a pretty ship and very popular. I haven't been on it for several years so I can't vouch for it's current condition. It looks like it was last refurbished in 2005.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 PM
If you like green you'll love the Victory. We sailed on her in March and had a magnificent voyage! Great service, beautiful ship, and wonderful people!
Have FUN!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Thank you so much. I am excited ...of course...it has been a week since my last cruise hahahah...it just so happened that things fell into place so we could go again. I am just excited as always. I love to cruise.

Aruba Reviews
Old 05-16-2008, 09:28 AM

I've been on Victory twice if that says anything. It's a great ship with a beautiful dining room and great entertainment. I'd go again in a heartbeat.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:47 AM

Haven't been on the Victory yet. She is only slightly smaller, but the layout is almost identical. I would love to take a cruise on her. Which itinerary/date are you considering?

Dwayne
Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Administrator

We had a very enjoyable cruise on Carnival Victory in July 2006. We also thought she was beautiful. I am usually not one for whimsical design, but it somehow worked very well on this ship.

The only frustrating issue was getting around Decks 3 and 4 as they are cut off by the galley, but I turned that into a personal challenge. Here are some tips I learned by trial and error:

• For the Pacific (aft) Dining Room, take the aft elevator to either Decks 3 or 4. Alternatively, take the amidships elevator to Deck 4 and cut through the Internet Café and Ionian Bar.
  • For the Atlantic (midships) Dining Room, use either the forward (lobby) or amidships elevator.
  • For the photo shop, library, main show lounge, shore excursion desk, pursers desk and lobby bar, use the forward elevator only.[/list]
    If all else fails, use Decks 2 or 5 as thoroughfares.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:33 AM

You can ALWAYS maneuver on any ship on the promenade deck. It usually goes from back to front. The only thing missing from Victory if you go on it will be Malcolm the CD. He's on another boat now. We've been with him twice. He's a hoot and he makes any cruise more enjoyable. Lets hear it everyone...WOO HOO!

Closed Thread