Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM

Carnival Corp. is considering cutting back their Alaska presence. This would effect Holland America and Princess. They have already announced the Carnival brand's Spirit sailing from Seattle in 2010 as I previously posted.

Read here.

Dwayne
Old 03-26-2009, 06:29 AM

Sounds like Alaska is shooting itself in the foot. The bad thing is, I doubt Alaska cares. They receive subsidies from the oil companies, their unemployment rate is below the national average, and there aren't a whole lot of people standing in line to move there. Maybe Carnival could add a ship to Mobile, Charleston, New Orleans, and a few other neglected ports.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 AM

I agree that alaska has shot itself in the foot. with money tight everywhere you would think they would be grateful for the tourist. one day they will be begging for the tourist dollar
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Maybe Carnival could add a ship to Mobile, Charleston, New Orleans, and a few other neglected ports.
I vote for Charleston!

Yes, It seems this tax is having a negative impact and doing more harm than any good. I hope they reverse it.

Dwayne
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
Maybe Carnival could add a ship to Mobile, Charleston, New Orleans, and a few other neglected ports.
I vote for Charleston!

Yes, It seems this tax is having a negative impact and doing more harm than any good. I hope they reverse it.

Dwayne

I vote for MEMPHIS...

I think it is time they figured out how to get one of those ships up the Mississippi!!! LOL

Closed Thread