Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 PM

I really do not like inside cabins. It just messes with my mind to wake up and not be able to see outside. I love the balcony cabins the best. There is nothing like sitting on your balcony, sippin coffee in the morning or late at night just listening to the ocean. I would definately take an oceanview over an inside anyday if you can swing it. You will probably spend more time in your cabin than you may expect. Whatever you decide, enjoy your first cruise..I am sure it won't be your last.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM

quote:
I really do not like inside cabins. It just messes with my mind to wake up and not be able to see outside.

I have to admit that I've had a few of those "What time is it?" moments when waking up in inside cabins. On the cruise before last, I rushed up stairs to get some tea at 6:45AM thinking the ship was anchoring at Grand Cayman. Nope! We were no where near land, the stop had been canceled because conditions were too bad to tender. For the most part though it is a monetary consideration with me to get inside cabins. I get to cruise more often that way. If I can get Oceanview for a small amount more though, I usually do.

Dwayne
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 AM
yes.. for the price of 1 balcony i can get 2 or more cruises in a inside cabin.. more bang for the buck especially in this economic mess we are in.. it comes to go on 1 cruise or 3..hmmmm,i'll take the 3

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Hi Ctyson, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise and anniversary.

If the price difference isn't too much, I'd do an OV and some are offering free upgrades, too. A balcony is fantastic, but I'm with timc, more cruises are better. With that being said, we're booked in balconies on our next two. It is so wonderful to be able to go outside while you're at sea without being in the crowd. It is fantastic watching the sunrise/sunset from your own balcony. Leaving and entering ports are my favorite. You can wave to the people on board the ships next to you. You can do this by booking an inside and going up on deck, but it's really nice to be able to do it from your own balcony. For a short cruise, an inside is fine. It's really a personal choice, and one of price, too. You can book low and use the extra money for shopping or excursions. Best wishes!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 PM

First off, thank you for the greetings. And thanks for all of the advise/info. It made the decisions easier. We decided to book the interior room and use the extra money for another excursion.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
good job!!! i know that was tough.. just remenber everyone has a fun time and for you to,get involved in as many things as you can.. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM

Congrats, CTyson on booking your first cruise!

We are all here to help with any questions. Also, keep an eye on your cruise price. You never know, you might can be upgraded later, and it never hurts to ask.

Dwayne
Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 PM

Thank you Tim and IslandCruz.

Yea, I have been reading alot about how people check for upgrades and stuff like that. I will give it like a weeks or so and start calling to see what kind of info I can get.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:48 AM

CTyson, just keep an eye on the website if you didn't book through a travel agent. If you did book through a travel agent, they'll do the watching for you. You'd be surprised, sometimes they do bump you up. Congratulations! November will be here before you know it.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, day, eastern, formal, freedom, nights