Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:33 PM

My wife and I are going on our first cruise in Nov. 09, for our 1 year anniversary. We are going to be doing the 8 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Freedom. I just have a couple of questions, that I am hoping someone might be able to give me some enlightenment on.

First off, I know there will be formal dinner nights. I have looked all over Carnivals website and I cannot find how many formal nights there are for this cruise. Does anyone know how many there might be, so we know what all we need to pack. Second, is it worth the extra money to get an oceanview room? We don't plan on being in the room much except to change, shower, sleep, and etc...

I appreciate any advice/info that I can get.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-11-2009, 07:33 PM

My wife and I are going on our first cruise in Nov. 09, for our 1 year anniversary. We are going to be doing the 8 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Freedom. I just have a couple of questions, that I am hoping someone might be able to give me some enlightenment on.

First off, I know there will be formal dinner nights. I have looked all over Carnivals website and I cannot find how many formal nights there are for this cruise. Does anyone know how many there might be, so we know what all we need to pack. Second, is it worth the extra money to get an oceanview room? We don't plan on being in the room much except to change, shower, sleep, and etc...

I appreciate any advice/info that I can get.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:17 PM

There will be 2 formal nights. If you like to wake up with light coming into your room or look out and see the ocean,then get an oceanview room,if not,get an inside room.Also,it is a good idea to pack a small power strip to use in your room,it may come in handy with battery chargers.
Have Fun !!!
Mike
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
2 formal nights is correct.. now on the room..we get a inside so we save there and spend on excursions and other things.. you are NEVER in your room so its just a thing to get more revenue. 13 cruises 1 oceanview.. now usually the rooms are bigger on oceanview

Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

CTyson, Welcome to Cruise-Chat and congratulations on choosing a cruise to celebrate your anniversary. No one can really tell you how much time you will spend in your cabin. It's your vacation and you should enjoy it the way you want to. You may find your cabin a nice retreat to get out of the hot sun on a sea day, and watch a movie in the quietness of your room. You may just want to go back to the cabin and take a nap. You may want to order room service and enjoy coffee and rolls in the morning or tea in the afternoon. Or you may just want to enjoy the quietness of your cabin reading a book. Then again you may want to get involved with everything on the ship. The inside cabins are dark and when you wake up you won't know if it's still night or morning. You also won't know whether it's sunny or raining until you go up on deck. The inside cabins are 185 Sq ft. Outside cabins are 220 sq ft with unobstructed view. 185sq ft obstructed view on the Freedom.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 PM

Hi CTyson, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congratulations on your first cruise and anniversary! If there is not a big price difference I would go with the Oceanview cabin since it is your first cruise and a special occasion. Of course, the price difference is subjective for everyone. I personally don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, other than the reasons you noted. It is nice to look out of the window and see the weather and know if it is light or dark outside. Looking out to see the Port you just arrived in is another great thing. I'm not going to pay a big per person price difference for the privilege though.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 AM
dwayne is right,if the oceanview is not that much higher go for it. on our first cruise we had a window.and yes we liked it,but the price diffrence was about $180.00 ppr and back then i did not know better..we had a port side window and the morning we were leaving nassau about 7am i got up and watch us leaving port.as we did i notices that a couple was running tward the ship and i believe we were leaving them lol.. your first cruise you do what you want,but to me we all are going to the same place no matter what room you have.and the staff treats evetyone great no matter what room you have. I just like to save money so i can go on the next one ASAP!!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Banned

It is a personal choice, but I would get the OV.

Since you are going on an 8 day cruise, the interior cabins are just to small for my taste.

If it were a 4 or 5 day....perhaps....

I like the OV on Main because you have guest cabins below and the dining room above (which is closed after 10pm).

We did the Freedom 8 day in November and loved it.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Check out the balcony prices as well, this for us is the way to go. As many have mentioned, it is a personal choice but if you can afford the balcony or the OV,I think you will enjoy it. We enjoy our balcony, especially if we are travelling without friends.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM

Balcony rooms are awesome, we love the fresh morning air sitting out on the balcony, we order coffee and fresh fruit in the morning and relax on the deck for at least an hour every morning, and it is awesome, especially when you are pulling into or exiting the ports of call

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, day, eastern, formal, freedom, nights