Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM

So is it possible to pack your own alcohol and get it aboard say if you pour it into water bottles and then pack them? has anyone done it?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-01-2007, 08:34 AM

Don't worry about the water bottles just pack it in your checked luggage not your carry on.I've been on RCCL and CArnival recently, there was no problem either time.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

fell2thetop, We tried it for the first time early Feb. on Pride. I was a little nervous. My husband... not so much!! We had a 3 day stay in LA and stopped by a liquor store there. We purchased 1 bottle of wine, 1 bottle of champagne and 1 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. Took all 3 on board with no problems whatsoever. (Just make sure they are wrapped safely in your luggage.) Our waiter even uncorked our wine in the dining room with no corkage fee. Have fun!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:01 PM

I agree. If you are going to bring boose on board just pack it in your suit case. They will not say anything. Or at least I have never had them do it. You are alowd to bring wine on board however so if you are not feeling that you want to break the rules just bring wine instead. I bring a case either in my suitcase or the last time I just brough it in the box and it all arrived just fine.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:31 AM

In San Juan, there is a liquor store right at the cruise terminal, they told us to just put it in our checked luggage. Well, by then, they already had our checked luggage. I happened to have a collapsable cooler with me and filled it with raspberry vodka, long island iced tea, and bahama mama, all Quarts. I put it on the scanner as we entered the ship, it went right through. Hubby and bro-in-law were so excited that they emptied the cooler and went back off, filled the cooler with beer and it was scanned right through again! Also went out of NY and put bottles in my checked luggage. It arrived in my cabin, just as packed!! We dont bring alot, still like to drink some of the signature drinks, but it helps to cut costs down.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 PM

That was my motive as well! Ive heard a lot of success stories with bringing alcohol onboard and not a single "Confiscation" story! Looks like checked luggage it is... Does anyone know where i can purchase liquor between the miami airport and the port?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2007, 04:50 AM

fell2thetop, Keep reading threads, you will find "confiscation stories", you generally get it back at the end of your cruise.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:56 AM

We are leaving on the Carnival Glory on April 21, 2007 I just assumed that I would do what I have always done in the past with alcohol and other beverages. I have taken many cruises and bringing alcohol on board has never been an issue. When we leave out of San Juan there is a liquor store in the port area!!!! We buy water, soda, wine and rum. We put the alcohol in our carry on luggage and walk on the ship. In fact last May we went on the Island Princess to Alaska and did the same thing but this time we bought a BOX of wine and other spirits in Fairbanks and just boarded the ship??? Has something changed in the last year????
Old 04-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Carnival's Current Beverage Policy.

The liquor store at the pier in San Juan has nothing to do with the cruise lines. The pier is used by many ships - some allow carry-on liquor and some don't.

I can't tell you if the security at San Juan will confiscate booze at embarkation. But if Carnival's new rules are followed, you will not be allowed to bring your own - beyond the "fine wine or champagne" allowed in the policy.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:31 AM

The new alcohol policy that Carnival has is fine if that is what they want to do - but I think it will hurt them if the other cruise lines don't follow. I wonder if we can bring soda and bottled water?? Can anyone answer that??? Or do we have to hide that too???

Closed Thread

Tags
alchohol, alcohol, bottled, bring, buy, carnival, cruise, cruisesan, forum, juan, liquor, pier, san, ship, terminal, water