Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 05:30 AM

Anyone have any experience with internet access on board? I know there is internet access on board advertised, but is that using their computers or can I take my laptop and use their access.

Also, I have an international Sprint air card, anyone know if that will work (or might).?

Just need to know how to prepare, if I am going to only have access through their computers to check email, then I can do that, but would sure like to use my own laptop.

Have a business to run and get real stressed when i cannot access messages/issues that may come up.

Any experiences/knowledge would be so appreaciated.

Sailing on the Pride Sept 2.

thanks

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-23-2007, 06:41 AM
There will be WiFi available. Some ships have it available ship wide others only in or near the internet cafe. I have used it and it works well unless you try to upload large files.

As for the Sprint card I think it would be more expensive than the on board internet. You should check with Sprint on the costs.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 06-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Their internet is very slow and very expensive. They have some deals like buy 15 minutes and get 15 free but your connection will drop out frequently..it works on satellite and line of sight. It's usually best to wait until you return unless you just absolutely HAVE to check your email and stuff. I mean, it doesn't cost 10 dollars a minute or anything, but it does add up. A few less FUN SHIPS and a few less Margaritas. Oh heck...have a free martini at the Captains cocktail party.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:05 AM
They will have package deals for you to buy for computer time....the more you buy the cheaper it is....BUT IT'S NOT CHEAP....

Happy Sailing...and if you can do it...don't log on....Rest, Relaxation....

Bob E
Old 06-23-2007, 09:28 AM

we took our lap top with us we had no trouble at all checked our e-mail everyday, we had a good connection no problem they have specials, i did not feel it was expensive we still had about 8 mins left after being on a 7 day cruise.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA Steve Rocky Mount:
Their internet is very slow and very expensive. They have some deals like buy 15 minutes and get 15 free but your connection will drop out frequently..it works on satellite and line of sight. It's usually best to wait until you return unless you just absolutely HAVE to check your email and stuff. I mean, it doesn't cost 10 dollars a minute or anything, but it does add up. A few less FUN SHIPS and a few less Margaritas. Oh heck...have a free martini at the Captains cocktail party.
Does that mean it's also the same if you e-mail a musician. Does your e-mail drop and is it expensive to keep in touch by e-mail with them.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:42 PM

you lost me on the musician joke!

Closed Thread

Tags
accessonboard, air, aircard, board, business, card, caribbean, carnival, cruise, internet, laptop, royal, sprint, work, works